1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
That is what dealers replace yours with

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I would upgrade to a poly mount from IPD. Just installed one and it made a huge difference.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you notice ANY bit of vibration? I do have a MT but I really like the car to be luxurious and stock :)

I had a stage 2 srt4 with all poly mounts and it wasnt too bad unless the ac was on at idle..

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I can't really give my input on the vibration with just the upper poly mount. I installed the IPD strut tower conversion kit and that is where I get most of the extra vibrations, but only at idle. I don't think you will feel any huge noticeable vibrations with just the upper mount. Plus I think IPD has it on sale.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Stick with a stock bushing, you WILL get some vibrations with a poly mount

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
JRL has a point. Making any bushing on your car more firm will result in some extra vibration. It all depends on the driver though.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I just did the poly mount from ipd and the strut tower conversion- the combination of the two definitely makes for vibration at idle. I don't notice it while I'm driving. I did both at the same time, so I can't say which one made the most difference.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Strut tower bushings makes little to no difference

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Strut tower bushings makes little to no difference
The IPD strut tower mounts have no bushings so that's where all my vibrations come from. They are solid aluminum.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
I just did the poly mount from ipd and the strut tower conversion- the combination of the two definitely makes for vibration at idle. I don't notice it while I'm driving. I did both at the same time, so I can't say which one made the most difference.
The first IPD round poly was too stiff but the revised was much better. I also had the IPD strut poly inserts and the QBM lower transmission mount. If you loosen the upper mount and retighten when warm idling, the vibration will be better. I briefly had the OEM square mount installed but it had way too much slop for my tastes..........and was worse than the OEM round IMO.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to help guys out in the future I'll post my review. I purchased the upper round poly mount insert and a stock rubber lower tranny mount from ipd.

Time to change both: 20 minutes.

I installed bottom tight and top loosely and then started it up and let it idle down. Then I socked the top real tight and there is little to NO vibration even at idle. Maybe in an automatic you would feel it but i could barely tell a difference. It feels so much better now too. Car is nice and tight!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.