SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
ask the seller for the inner diameter of the rim, ie: inside behind the spokes. Measure from the center of the hub to the outmost edge of the front and rear calipers. Thats your radius. If/once the seller gets you the diameter, divide it in two, if the wheel is larger you should clear. AFAIK, nobody I know ever ran those wheels.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Steelies don't fit over the R calipers. Best bet would be to find a cheap set of used 17" R pegs that you can find occasionally on Craigslist, or SS classifieds

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cracked two aluminum wheels last winter so I decided to investigate the steelies.

dannoman007- eBay item number is 331586622855

John & Volvosrus- I just figured being that being 17's like the stock wheels they would clear the calipers good thing I posted here first

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
It's not the diameter that gives clearance problems, it's the inside of the "spokes" area. The calipers are too thick for most wheels, not too large in diameter.

To answer your other question, if you tighten the wheels carefully you can get away without hub centering them. However, most tire shops will put it up there, ram the first lug down with an impact, and that will leave it off center enough to cause vibrations while the rest are rammed down. If you finger tighten the lugs in a star pattern and then hand tighten them before final tightening, they will center up just fine.

·
Registered
218 Posts
They'll fit with some mondo spacers. But then you'll need longer lug bolts, and if you were going that route, you may as well convert to studs (which everyone should do anyway because it's just that much easier). By the time you get all that sorted, you could probably have found some used pegs... But you'd still love to have been converted to studs :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts