SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I know Elevate is a TOP OF THE LINE company when it comes to modding my super sweet Race CaR so I'm looking into getting these because they are listed on their site. Will they make my car faster?

Also, I'm having a problem with how fast I am able to shift so with this help me shift faster?

OH, also, being billit aluminum and whatnot will the decreased weight increase my throttle response?

...Discuss...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
No.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
only when used in conjunction with moose magnets/decals

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
a good driving shoe might be faster :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Uh. Really?

Everyone knows the aluminum pedals increase throttle response 655%. Your turbo will be spooled at idle and the car will rev and sound like a Ferrari F1 car. Shortens the shift from stock down to 1" so itll shift like a dogring trans, you dont even have to use the clutch, just shove it in there (dont mind the grinding, that's just the sound of the M66 ****ting brix when it realizes how fast its going).

Best bang for the buck. Good luck with everything!

:beer: :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
This made my morning

·
Registered
171 Posts
the only real way to get more performance out of your pedal setup is to bolt some shoes permanently to the pedals. you will need 3 shoes if you have an auto trans and 4 shoes if you have a manual. (some people think bolting a shoe to the dead pedal is not important but studies show they are wrong) this allows your feet to be more lightweight when moving around on the pedals. each time you move your foot from the gas to the brake you will have to take your right foot out of the gas pedal shoe and put it into the brake pedal shoe: VERY FAST!!

top tip for racers: have someone tie your feet securely into the shoes if you are racing (only do this for manual trans if you have 3 feet)

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
So far the best mod I've done is getting a third leg surgically installed on my body. I no longer have to ever switch pedals and my shifts are faster than ever. If you have the option, go with an Asian donor as their legs are much quicker.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sounds like you need a driver modification.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Lol this thread is epic.
Cute. But the rules are you cannot declare your own thread epic, anymore than you can give yourself a nickname.

Those are the rules. Sorry.

·
Registered
463 Posts
So far the best mod I've done is getting a third leg surgically installed on my body. I no longer have to ever switch pedals and my shifts are faster than ever. If you have the option, go with an Asian donor as their legs are much quicker.
I already have a "3rd leg" of sorts :p. Been practicing pseudo-Kegel exercises to strengthen "Nemo". Just drive "commando" - the Brembos are strong enough that the extra limb does not require much strength for braking. Use the two real limbs for gas & clutch where you need the quicker reaction time.

Shaved 3 tenths from my quarter-mile time AND driving now makes me more excited!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts