SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-D1SR-35W

I see water in the turn signals and i have tried swapping different bulbs, so I am thinking that my headlight leaked and fried my ballast. I am dreading having to pull the bumper off to get to the headlight housing.

TIA,

John

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Pulling the bumper off is one of the easiest things to do on an R, it does help with a spare hand helping but nothing to fret about. I hope you reslove your headlight issue.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
if I remember correctly, they aren't a direct replacement.. You'll have to do some minor rewiring of the ballasts.. If you do end up doing this, please make a guide.

goodluck!

btw, I've never had an issue with ddm bulbs or ballast.. I've done 10 sets since 4 years ago.. and they are all still working..

·
Registered
8 Posts
DDM is having a sale right now, 15 off their kits. My passenger side headlight went out, at first it would flicker on and turn off, now it doesn't flicker at all. I was wondering if it was most likely the bulb or ballast. Also, I need to know if the DDM kit with the d2r bulbs and slim ballasts would be a direct plug in play replacement for the oem ballasts and bulbs.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I dont hav
e ddm's in my R but I have had them in 4 of my previous cars and my bike and have never had an issue with their kits.

·
Registered
278 Posts
DDM is fine, have had them in for years without issue.
+2
I've been buying their standard HID bulbs as replacements for both my R and my A8. Also have DDM kit for fog lights on the R. No problems.
At their price you can afford to buy a second set. If you happen to get a defective bulb straight out of the box, it's not such a big deal. If that doesn't happen, it's good to have a spare on the shelf anyways. I much rather have a $20 set sitting around instead of a $100 name brand set.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Are there any cheap alternatives I can get besides the d2r ballast?
If you know how to do the rewiring of the stock wiring.. you can do the regular ddm ballasts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
502 Posts
If you know how to do the rewiring of the stock wiring.. you can do the regular ddm ballasts.

do you know how to do this & have anything i can give you in exchange for helping me? lol
i've been driving without a drivers headlight since the hurricane we had shorted mine.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
do you know how to do this & have anything i can give you in exchange for helping me? lol
i've been driving without a drivers headlight since the hurricane we had shorted mine.
No I wish I knew how to do it... sorry.

·
Registered
502 Posts
i think i'm just gonna bring my car to the dealer & let them deal with it this weekend.

it's too cold out to be messing with stuffs right now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts