SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 s60 R

I love the sound of the stock sound system. But I need a head with USB and stuff. My question is will I still be able to use the factory amp once I install a new head unit?

BTW, Can anyone recommend a good double din dash kit?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Also I remember installing aftermarket deck on 2,5T with 613 unit and it was simple plug and play. don't know depends on the wiring/unit. I suggest getting the wiring first, then you will be able to see from the back of your unit. Either way it's not complicated.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
On your 04, get the double din from the dealer. $40?

Yes you can use your factory amp. I did, i soldered wires onto the oem din cable and used remote turn on to turn on the OEM amp. Its easy, ebay the harness. or make it if you are so inclined

Unlike Denis, my car has a double din with nav, bt, ipod, ect ect

My setup is Pioneer Avic-Z140BH, Metra ASWC steering wheel controls, Sirius backseat tv tuner, Sirius sat radio tuner, 8.5" Audiovox DVD overhead

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,313 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speaking of the stock amp. I think mine has a short or something. About 20% of the time I get no sound from the rear speakers and the bass is greatly reduced. But it happens intermittently . The sound system is completely stock (for now)
Any idea whats going on??

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Why not just keep the stock system and add a GROM or IMIV unit and have USB/BT/IPOD connection to the stock unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why not just keep the stock system and add a GROM or IMIV unit and have USB/BT/IPOD connection to the stock unit?
Hmm, Honestly, I had never heard of them before. GROM looks good. Is IMIV only compatible with iphone/ipad etc?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Hmm, Honestly, I had never heard of them before. GROM looks good. Is IMIV only compatible with iphone/ipad etc?
I don't know. I have the GROM an it has been great for over a year of use on my stock system and its very easy to install.
Have a USB, a 3.5mm jack and an IPod connection (since I own an iPod and iPhone) but they also have Android connectors you can get. I believe the newer GROM units are around $130ish

Hooked up my old amp/subs with an add-an-amp wire from eBay that connects to the factory amp under the passenger seat and the bass hits great and the stock system still sounds amazing and all that was under $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts