SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I'm about to purchase the 20" Polestar rim set for my 2015 V60 D6 R-Design

As these were offered with the Polestar version from the factory, my guess is they will fit, but the Polestar version has a different suspension and brake system than the R-Design. Does it still fit?

Also, I'm currently thinking about buying Pirelli PZero Sport 275/40 R20 106Y tires. Will these fit the Polestar rim? Does anyone have any experience with these tires? How long do they last?

I currently have the 18" factory R-Design wheels with 235/35 tires. How will the new tires influence the behaviour of the car on the roads? What should I look out for? I live in Hungary, where the roads are really bad and uneven. How will a 2 ton car behave on roads like these with these wheels and tires?

Thank you for your help, sorry for the messy post, I'm new at this :D

Miklós

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,806 Posts
Yes, the 20x8 Polestar wheel will fit your V60 R-Design. I have not heard of a D6. The OEM tire on the D5 is 235/40R18.

There is no way a 275/40R20 tire will fit. First, its diameter is 3.25" (83 mm) more than the OEM tire. Second, the wheel you are proposing to use (Polestar) is too narrow. You will need a 20x9 wheel. The Polestar OEM tire size is 245/35R20. That would fit your V60 R-Design without problem.

Going from a 18" wheel to a 20" wheel is going to change the harshness of the ride. There will be less sidewall to absorb impacts you encounter. Personally, I would stay with the 18" wheel considering your driving environment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Stock rims were only 18" and 19". Penguin is right about harshness of the 20" and also the current tires are not stock either. If you still want to get the 20" tires use the Tire Comparison Calculator to find the correct size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts