SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I want to buy the Elevate DP since its the only 3.5" DP out there, but I also like the IPD exhaust because of its oval tubing since I need the ground clearance where I live. I have seen someone here post that the elevate exhaust won't work with the IPD DP and I'm wondering if the same thing happens the other way around.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I know I want to buy the Elevate DP since its the only 3.5" DP out there, but I also like the IPD exhaust because of its oval tubing since I need the ground clearance where I live. I have seen someone here post that the elevate exhaust won't work with the IPD DP and I'm wondering if the same thing happens the other way around.
I'm not too sure that makes sense. I'm reasonably sure both downpipes (Elevate and IPD) are designed to bolt up to a stock exhaust flange. And Both company's exhaust systems are designed to bolt up to a stock downpipe flange.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
i say go to a custom exhaust shop and tell them to make a 3.5" dp while having the ipd exhaust on it already.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
The Elevate DP starts at a full 3 inch opening flares into 3.5 inch and then tapers down at the Exhaust flange back to 3 inch. Yes it will work with the Elevate exhaust. Keep me posted on your build as you go through the process, I am currently procurring parts for my build as well. Although my goals for power are quite as ambtious as yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts