SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just noticed a 2005 xc90 with a roof mounted DVD player at my local scrapyard.

I took it apart and it looks to be powered via a green connector which seems to be running to the rear audio controls.

My 2006 xc90 has the rear audio control features.

If I go to all the trouble and cut out the headliner in my Volvo to install this player will the green connector be there?

Any chance there’s a template online to show you where to cut out the headliner?

Thanks

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
No, my experience is that it isn't. However, if you pull the headliner out of the scrapyard car, you can pull the whole length of cable out and disconnect it where it attaches to the primary harness near the rear hatch. That connector should be on every car, I believe.

If you're planning on transplanting the whole thing into your car, you'll also need the aluminum brackets and panels the screen and player mount to. Take note of where they're attached to the car, as you'll need to drill and tap fresh holes. This was a dealer-installed option.

I would highly advise against doing this transplant, though. When I did the interior swap on my car, one of the big selling points was that the DVD system would be omitted, and it was a tremendous relief to have it gone. It rattled and buzzed while driving, never worked very well, and replacement parts were very hard to come by and therefore expensive.

That said, I have a working screen and the wiring harness (maybe more, I haven't looked recently) that I've been meaning to relist on eBay. Let me know if you end up needing anything and I can shoot you a price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts