SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if Genuine Volvo 17" Pegasus wheels will fit my 2007 XC70 with 17" Oreander wheels? I was planning to purchase new rims and use my old 215/60/17 tires?

One dealer stated they will not fit, but another one said 'no problem'. I've seen several photos online with the XC70/Pegasus combination, but I'm not sure if they had to do anything special to get the larger Pegasus to fit. Others online have suggested that the offset difference is nothing to be concerned about.. I tried confirming online and found the following specs, but I'm not an auto expert:

Oreander (17x7)
offset 49
bolts 5x108
ctr bore 65.1
stock tires 215/60
weight 25

Pegasus (17x8)
offset 46
bolts 5x108
ctr bore 65.1
recommended tires 235/45
weight 26

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
That tire really is too narrow for a PEG

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
They should bolt up fine with no rubbing issues or anything like that. But yeah the tire is a bit narrow. It'll work, you'll just get a little of the stretched tire look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you to all for your responses.

Before posting here, I had called Tire Rack to ask if a 215 would fit on an 8" rim and they said it wouldn't be an issue. Based the responses here, it sounds 'doable', but it may be tight. I might need to purchase new tires soon, so I might try it with the older tires for a brief period.

I severely scraped one of my original Oreander wheels and was given a $400 quote for one. I can purchase four 17" Pegasus wheels for $800; and with the Volvo $200 wheel rebate (ends 9/30/12), I would be at a net of $600 for four new wheels vs. $400 for one. If I can sell the used Oreander wheels for $400+/-???, then I could possibly be at $200 for the Pegasus wheels... I know I shouldn't care about some scratches, but my car only has 17k miles, so I might be driving it for quite some time...

Thanks again!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
All the more reason to buy the correct wheels and tires
Repair/refinish the wheel for about $160 and be done with it

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Yeah, here in Denver there's a shop that will refinish any wheel to original for $110. Ask your local tire shops who they use to fix wheels when their idiot tire changers scratch one up by mounting it on the balancer wrong or dropping it on another wheel face down, like they seem to always do to mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts