SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps after the second refresh that's coming up?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: Will current-gen XC90 ever get the current-gen T6? (rfkuehn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>rfkuehn</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Perhaps after the second refresh that's coming up?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Don't know if that will happen since people may associate this drive train with the earlier T6 that had transmission problems.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Will current-gen XC90 ever get the current-gen T6? (arporro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>arporro</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't know if that will happen since people may associate this drive train with the earlier T6 that had transmission problems. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Didn't stop them from putting it in the new S80; even though the previous T6's were trouble.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: Will current-gen XC90 ever get the current-gen T6? (MagoonR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>MagoonR</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Didn't stop them from putting it in the new S80; even though the previous T6's were trouble. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>I thought the T6/GM transmission combination was O.K. in the S80, but had problems in the heavier XC90.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Will current-gen XC90 ever get the current-gen T6? (arporro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>arporro</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought the T6/GM transmission combination was O.K. in the S80, but had problems in the heavier XC90.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Nope. Transmission issues also plagued the S80 T6.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Re: Will current-gen XC90 ever get the current-gen T6? (MagoonR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>MagoonR</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Nope. Transmission issues also plagued the S80 T6.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>No where near as much as the XC90 T6.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Re: Will current-gen XC90 ever get the current-gen T6? (Dextrobrick)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Dextrobrick</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>No where near as much as the XC90 T6.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>My recollection is different... the T6/GM transmission internet hysteria started way before the XC90 was even introduced - as early as 2000. I remember not even looking at T6 when buying XC90 because of the existing bad rap...<br>

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Will current-gen XC90 ever get the current-gen T6? (Dextrobrick)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Dextrobrick</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No where near as much as the XC90 T6.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Perhaps not as many S80 T6's sold as the XC90 T6?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Re: Will current-gen XC90 ever get the current-gen T6? (rfkuehn)

If there is going to be another T6, I would like to imagine it to be a hybrid.<p>new US fuel consumption guidelines mandate more efficient cars not too long from now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts