SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade to a newer center console because i hate the flip cover on the 04 cup holder. Will the XC70 center console fit?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would fit nicely, but I don't plan on dropping half a grand to upgrade. Thanks for looking out though.

·
Registered
491 Posts
IT fits, except you get an extra aluminum oh **** bar...
I was thinking that might be pretty cool. My wifey might feel it a necessary addition from time to time.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yeah, I've thought about it as well, but what killed it was that you can't get the armrest to match the leather interior (Nordcap, Atacama, Gobi).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CENTER-CONSOLE-FRAME-ASSEMBLY-Volvo-XC70-V70-2001-01-/140750094462
This one might work if you swap the arm rest and do away with the wood trim:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-Center-Console-w-armrest-cupholders-wood-trim-for-XC70-2005-2007-/350509544493?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AXC70&hash=item519bff342d&vxp=mtr

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
It should based on the lower link that DragoSR provided, you just need the matching transmission shift plate for the Spaceball.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Based on that picture, it looks like the part of the plate towards the cupholder is really wide. Its width encompasses both the cupholders and the parking brake lever. I'll take some measurements later today and check part numbers.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The bottom edge (closest to the cupholders is 5.5 inches). Can someone please check this measurement against a 05+ spaceball plate?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vio. I actually have the newer 05+ console. I'll take pictures of it when I put it in, minus the correct shift plate.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I installed the XC70 console into the S60. Looks like the interior of an XC70. lol. I don't have anything other than the wood surround around my manual shifter. I still have to figure out what I'm going to do about that piece.

I do like the look a whole lot better than the 04 console, which looks cheap to me.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Vio. I actually have the newer 05+ console. I'll take pictures of it when I put it in, minus the correct shift plate.
I would love to see a picture of that! for $100 thats bulletproof i'll put a stupid boot on for all I care.

Email: [email protected] Please :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Pics, pics, pics!!!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll post up some pictures tomorrow morning of day shots. I'll take some night shots pf the lit up cup holder area tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

please excuse the leather condition. i've been out of the country for the greater part of the past 2 years, and the car hasn't been well kept, other than an occasional start.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts