1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
You really didn't ask this, did you? :facepalm:

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
how am i supposed to know? i mean Porsche dont even allow me to use a battery that isn't from a Porsche centre so adding a bodykit seems like something I'll be hanged for
Who said so?
You can run any battery you want as long as it meets factory specification.
There are laws about this

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Who said so?
You can run any battery you want as long as it meets factory specification.
There are laws about this
Jim is right. They need to prove that any failure is due to your aftermarket part to invalidate the work. This is another reason a body kit won't kill your warranty.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
porsche basically said they cant be arsed to figure out if it was my part or their parts that went wrong when it comes to warranty claims, so they just decided that any part installed which is not supplied by a porsche centre would invalidate the warranty. and yes, that includes a car battery made to the same specification and even by the same manufacturer as the ones from Porsche. in one way i can see their point, in another way it makes owning one under warranty expensive.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i spoke to volvo customer service and they seem to be more forgiving then porsche. they said i can put whatever i want on the car, but if that part fails then it won't be covered (obviously). but also if the part installed causes other parts to fail then those other parts would also not be covered.

i can't really imagine a Heico spoiler causing any problems to the rest of the car so I should be ok. i hope.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
porsche basically said they cant be arsed to figure out if it was my part or their parts that went wrong when it comes to warranty claims, so they just decided that any part installed which is not supplied by a porsche centre would invalidate the warranty. and yes, that includes a car battery made to the same specification and even by the same manufacturer as the ones from Porsche. in one way i can see their point, in another way it makes owning one under warranty expensive.
That just sounds plain illegal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts