SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a stock cat back exhaust with less than 20K on it. Looks new. My V70R has 119K and I think the rear muffler has a small hole in it. Let me know what the herd thinks. TIA.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
You know there's a length difference between the two cars, right?

But since you have a free exhaust from an SR, the cost to have that hacked up, extended, mounted and shaped should offset and be cheaper than a replacement - so you're good to go. Take it to a good muffler shop.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
If you end up not needing it/it not working. I'll pay postage to take the exhaust tips off your hand.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I have a 3" DP already in hand for this beast so I may be tempted to just go with a new cat back in 3". crazy I will keep your offer in mind. my motto is to always pay it forward and I would ask the same from you. More to follow. Luvin the new R.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Pm ydowork I gave him my stock sr catback to use on his VR with some modification

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just for posterity's sake...in my experience the S60R exhaust is about 4 inches shorter than the V70R exhaust. This extra length is between the resonator and the first set of bends to fit under the rear diff. Beyond the bends, the hangers and other geometry are all identical. For a swap in either direction, the easiest thing to do is cut off the resonator and weld on straight pipe with a flange to attach to the DP (ie, the JRL mod). While you're at it, remove the EBD and call it a day.

Any shop that can cut or weld exhaust pipes can do this job in 30 minutes or less. Thanks to dumb exhaust experimenting on my part, I've now done this process twice. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for this followup. I was talking with the guy who donated the exhaust to me yesterday and he thought the tail pipe part was the problem. Hope to head to the exhaust shop next week.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
take the exhaust off of your car

put them side by side

change the parts that are different

1 - 10 of 10 Posts