SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the new 3 series coupe has an interior color even wilder than Atacama... (from autospies.com)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Wilder than Atacama (Davideo)

It's called very bright red.
Actually they have had that before as had Porsche (It was called Lobster).
Had one used (Porsche, 1976) for a short time way back when and actually spent a lot of time keeping my eyes way above the dashboard, it was hideous http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif If you notice BMW at least has the good sense to have black carpets. (Are you listening Volvo)?
I can't imagine the kind of owner who would actually want to drive that every day

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: Wilder than Atacama (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
If you notice BMW at least has the good sense to have black carpets. (Are you listening Volvo)?

But I thought orange carpets were all the rage!

·
Registered
11,939 Posts

Hah, looks like BMW may have made a seat that's almost as comfortable as Volvo seats from 2001... yay...

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Re: Wilder than Atacama (Warpedcow)

I believe GTOs and S2000s have the option of red seats as well.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

BMW used to have a 2-tone leather option on their older style M-roadsters and M-coupes. The combination of imola red and black leather on those cars looked amazing. This is just too much red leather all over the pace and it's too bright. What were they thinking?

And as for the Mustang...well what do you expect from Ford? It took them this long to get the exterior right, now it'll take another three or four generations to get a decent interior.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Re: Wilder than Atacama (Vipergtsz3)

I absolutely love my Atacama just the way it is...it was one of the items that pushed me over the edge for the car.

I guess Volvo nailed it for me!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (Davideo)

Quote, originally posted by Davideo »
The new Mustangs have a similar color.
No, in person it's just RED, not bright red or orange

·
Registered
3,344 Posts

Here's the French response to "very bright" or "lobster" red. I would take this car in a heartbeat if it were sold here in the States. Guaranteed to be a better seat (and interior) than the Mustang, and I suspect better than the BMW and even Volvo as well. I miss the seats in my old 405. They were amazingly comfortable and supportive. (sigh)

I must say that the car does look a bit too "happy"...

- Tryg

·
Registered
404 Posts
Re: (RainyS60R)

Quote, originally posted by RainyS60R »

Here's the French response to "very bright" or "lobster" red. I would take this car in a heartbeat if it were sold here in the States.

- Tryg

Yeah, so would many others, that's the diesel version.
Notice the speedo goes to 260 k and yet look at the redline for tach.
Awesome cars, great acceleration and near twice the mileage.
At about 90-100 mph or 150-160K they are actually quieter than gas engines, too bad Americans will never give them a chance.

Too bad, indeed!! You'll not see great diesels like that in states ever!!
I had a Lion 306 diesel back in the mid 90's and it was waaaay better than the VW TDI's I've owned.

I personally love my Atac interior and it with the Flash Green was what the R was supposed to be about when Volvo created the R in the first place.
Guys stateside just don't get it cause they don't find colors "cool."

In Europe, if you find an R, the Flash Green/Atac is actually not so unusual.
(esp. in GB)
Perhaps European men are more comfortable with themselves where American men are more worried about appearing cool/masculine.
I guess homophobic is the term I'm looking for.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Re: (RainyS60R)

Here's the French response to "very bright" or "lobster" red. I would take this car in a heartbeat if it were sold here in the States. Guaranteed to be a better seat (and interior) than the Mustang

- Tryg

Sure, like many American cars, the interior of the Mustang has the look but that's it, it's cheap with hard plastics, and only a manual A/C, it isn't hard por the Peugeot to beat it, even Korean cars do it better (I speak about interior quality, not engine, look, etc... right?).

Here's the French response to "very bright" or "lobster" red. I would take this car in a heartbeat if it were sold here in the States. Guaranteed to be a better seat (and interior) than the BMW and even Volvo as well.

- Tryg

Hum..... no! Trust me, I see lots of 407's every days, even the Coupé, if Peugeot was better than BMW and even Volvo to make interiors, everybody would know it. Only the comfort linked to the road handling is better, for the seats it's not that, the Volvo ones are from far the better ones.
For the rest, French manufacturers have made huge progress in quality and presentation, but the leather still hasn't the quality of German and Swedish cars, and it's the same for the details and I don't speak about ergonomy (have you seen in real a dashboard of a 407??).

Compare this dash with Volvo ones, look at all those switches and buttons....

No?

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Yes, too bad diesels aren't more popular in the US. Part of the problem is that diesel is more expensive than even super unleaded.
The Opel Astra I was driving two weeks ago for about 100m miles was a decent. Very little diesel chatter and no smoke.

·
Registered
908 Posts

My father's 64.5 Mustang had seats this color. I think he said it was was about $2k when he bought it in 1964.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts

That's funny.... I thought we would see Frank right about now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts