SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to change the long complex wifi password, so people can more easily access the in-car wifi?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes you have to disable wifi, then the settings become available. Then you'll be able to change both the wifi name and password :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
2015.5 XC70 with all options.
I connect to my home WiFi network just to use the "Send to Car" feature but car only remembers the connection & password for a few days or maybe a week (I don't really know) then I must re-choose my home network and re-enter the password. Is there a setting to tell the Sensus Connect to remember a connection & password combo?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Conradi, I did go into that screen which shows "Connect" or "Forget" but what I've found is when I have not used the WiFi connection with my car for let's say a week then the connection is "forgotten" and I need to re-enter password. It's just a bit annoying but I'll survive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have gone into the settings for wifi name and password, disabled wifi and changed the name. I then click confirm. After that, the settings revert to the OLD wifi name. Anyone else seen this? No phone is connected to the car's hotspot while doing this. I must be failing some sort of intelligence test. Any advice appreciated. When I first got the car I changed both the name and password without a problem. I don't remember doing anything differently at that time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Went back to the car and tried again and eventually got the name changed. Not sure why it worked this time, except I kept trying, even turned the engine on (out of deparation). I am still not sure what the magic sequence of steps was, or if there was something else gumming up the works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts