SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great car, no problems. Wife took away my man card and is makeing me sell it for an SUV. <p>$17,495 (steal)<br>55k miles<br>Car is located in Parker, co<br>All bells and whistles<p>Not sure if I got the url to paste, but if you do a cut/paste it will work.<p> <A HREF="http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=262438828&dealer_id=64154833&car_year=2005&rdm=1246319798689&model=S60&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2005&keywordsfyc=__cg,,__&keywordsrep=114&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=VOLVO&keywords_display=r&color=&page_location=findacar::ispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=80134&advanced=y&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=0&standard=false&rdpage=thumb" TARGET="_blank">http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/...thumb</A> <BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Kaizai at 7:12 AM 6-30-2009</i>

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: Wife's choice...2005 S60R, Titanium Grey/Nord Aero, Nav, etc (CaliVolvoFan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>CaliVolvoFan</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great car, no problems. Wife took away my man card and is makeing me sell it for an SUV. <p>$17,495 (steal)<br>55k miles<br>Car is located in Parker, co<br>All bells and whistles<p>Not sure if I got the url to paste, but if you do a cut/paste it will work.<p><br><A HREF="http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=262438828&dealer_id=64154833&car_year=2005&rdm=1246319798689&model=S60&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2005&keywordsfyc=__cg,,__&keywordsrep=114&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=VOLVO&keywords_display=r&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=80134&advanced=y&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=0&standard=false&rdpage=thumb" TARGET="_blank">http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/...umb</A><p></TD></TR></TABLE><p>Nice car, however prices are dropping.<br>Mines got 29K miles <I>and</I> CPO for another two years and I'm getting 16K for it. I don't have the body kit or the NAV but everything else.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Re: Wife's choice...2005 S60R, Titanium Grey/Nord Aero, Nav, etc (Oceans60R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Oceans60R</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Nice car, however prices are dropping.<br>Mines got 29K miles <I>and</I> CPO for another two years and I'm getting 16K for it. I don't have the body kit or the NAV but everything else. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>prices are dropping . . can get 06's for 17K now<p>nice looking car !<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by TurboR850 at 3:14 PM 6-30-2009</i>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Wife's choice...2005 S60R, Titanium Grey/Nord Aero, Nav, etc (TurboR850)

but they have very high miles and very little options. <br>(unlike mine ... bump ... )

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Wife's choice...2005 S60R, Titanium Grey/Nord Aero, Nav, etc (Socals60Rforsale)

His and mine do not have high miles, they both have AVERAGE miles for a 2005.<br>(Regardless, yours is still to high an asking price for a private party sale)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Wife's choice...2005 S60R, Titanium Grey/Nord Aero, Nav, etc (JRL)

So what car specific website should I be pricing towards? Looking at a any distance search on autotrader, it looks to me that for the miles I priced it appropriately...but thats true about the private party vs dealer prices. what's a good private party price for an 05 with 55k miles?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Wife's choice...2005 S60R, Titanium Grey/Nord Aero, Nav, etc (CaliVolvoFan)

i think our prices may seem high because we're not pricing them at auction lane pricing. Autotrader and cars remain viable options because not everyone has inside information or does their research on how to access these prices. For marketplace transactions like Autotrader and cars.com it can be a patience game, and I think this pricing seems fair. That's the vicinity where my pricing was at -- the extra 2k is the warranty price (which is at least 2x to 3x now that it is over 50k mi).<br>Regarding the range in pricing, the variety of options, colors, 6mt vs gt etc available with our R's, it is my opinion that this supports a wide price window depending on what the perfect car is for the individual. I waited 2 months to find the option combo i have now. Regardless, I really hope that we all find success in selling and pass our vehicles onto eager buyers who will continue to enjoy the thrill and passion that R ownership brings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts