SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife can't seem to lock the car with the iPhone app but can remote start it, anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've had this issue too for the past few weeks, but it's gotten better in the last couple of days. Only thing I can recommend is making sure your app is updated and also try signing out and back in again. Otherwise everything else is up to the VOC servers.

·
Registered
345 Posts
It could also be the connection from the car to Volvo servers, if it's parked on the garage it could kill the signal ..also I don't know where you are, but a car covered in snow in a garage that's also covered in snow probably isn't the greatest for a signal to get in.

·
Registered
224 Posts
you may also want to try running diagnostics through the VOC app, get to the menu page, select settings at the bottom of the screen, then select Diagnostics.... be careful to not press "End My Ownership" although I believe there's a confirmation step just in-case.
Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks guys for the suggestions, i will make sure she tries them. Really appreciate the input!
I have the same problem.

Seems not to be caused by a weak or bad cell-signal.

A little experiment revealed that when I can't lock the car, I do can start preconditioning & use Honk & Flash.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Also check the stupid little things (all doors shut, all windows up, rear tailgate solidly closed), as it won't let you lock the car if all the doors are not 100% closed. I had one time where my rear passenger door was not completely shut and the app would not lock the vehicle.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Also check the stupid little things (all doors shut, all windows up, rear tailgate solidly closed), as it won't let you lock the car if all the doors are not 100% closed. I had one time where my rear passenger door was not completely shut and the app would not lock the vehicle.
Maybe next accessory should be powered doors that can close themselves if not closed tight.
Nothing new but I see it quite useful for people to avoid banging the doors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts