SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the width of the space between the two built-in booster cushions (if you have them)? We were looking to add an XC90 to the garage to go with my 2010 V50 R-design, but after driving a new 3.2 and a used V-8, decided it wasn't the car for us. We're now thinking about an XC60, but am wondering how much more room the back seat has than our V50 (with our 2 kids in the boosters and a 3rd in between). Would be great to pick up a few more inches as 3 in the back of the V50 is TIGHT. Thank you,

GaryJ

·
Registered
8 Posts
It looks to be just shy of 15". My measurement is not perfect because we do have a baby carrier on one side and thus I couldnt get a perfect measurement, but it is pretty close to 15", perhaps a 1/4 " under.

That is measuring from the front of the booster cushion. The back of the booster cushion (where the passenger's back touches the seat is just about 17". The reason why the front of the booster cushion is wider is because the booster seats flare out in the front a little bit. I would imagine in real terms a third child's hips would fit behind the flared portion of the booster cushions and thus the 17" number is the better number of the two.

I hope that makes sense.

Does anyone know the width of the space between the two built-in booster cushions (if you have them)? We were looking to add an XC90 to the garage to go with my 2010 V50 R-design, but after driving a new 3.2 and a used V-8, decided it wasn't the car for us. We're now thinking about an XC60, but am wondering how much more room the back seat has than our V50 (with our 2 kids in the boosters and a 3rd in between). Would be great to pick up a few more inches as 3 in the back of the V50 is TIGHT. Thank you,

GaryJ

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven't measured it, but my 10yo fits perfectly between the 2 booster seats; one seat in position 1 (8yo) en the other in position 2 (6yo).
The XC90 only has one booster seat, in the middle.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! This was perfect. Compared to my V-50, wich measures 12.5 inches between the cushions, the XC-60 picks up a couple to several more inches, which is exactly what I hoped for. This has a real shot of keeping me from buying a 7-seater.

GaryJ

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good luck!

Thank you! This was perfect. Compared to my V-50, wich measures 12.5 inches between the cushions, the XC-60 picks up a couple to several more inches, which is exactly what I hoped for. This has a real shot of keeping me from buying a 7-seater.

GaryJ

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

GaryJ
Can't TELL you how many of our neighbors have 7-8 seaters with only TWO kids! Seems to be part of the 'every child over the age of 3 must have a private bedroom/bathroom' approach to parenting. One question... Where you gonna put that third DVD screen? :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where you gonna put that third DVD screen? :)
Child in the middle has her own IR headphone and gets to choose between the left and the right screen.
Next time I'll probably have to load some films on the tablet for her.
Modern kids are never satisfied.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts