SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for us to stretch out our fenders to give us more room to work with? And when I say stretch, I mean by about 3-5 inches, im not worried about the paint cracking, im just curious. Or it would be nice if we can get someone to manufacture some wide fenders for the fronts.

·
Registered
438 Posts
There have been racing widebodies made in the past, but it's not really a thing.

If you have a ton of money though you could drop it off at a customization place and have it done I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
That European V70 in your picture just has Universal Flares installed and riveted to the stock fenders, which likely had the fenders cut open. Looks awesome imho, and it intriques me if can be done clean on an S60R, maybe with color matched flares. Hmmm..

As for Wide body fenders, CHAG AutoSports make a version of them that's semi bolt on, there's also the KPax Carbonfiber ones that Quin is selling, but those are extended a few inches forward and would need modifications to fit a stock R.

HEre's the CHAG wide body kit

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That European V70 in your picture just has Universal Flares installed and riveted to the stock fenders, which likely had the fenders cut open. Looks awesome imho, and it intriques me if can be done clean on an S60R, maybe with color matched flares. Hmmm..

As for Wide body fenders, CHAG AutoSports make a version of them that's semi bolt on, there's also the KPax Carbonfiber ones that Quin is selling, but those are extended a few inches forward and would need modifications to fit a stock R.

HEre's the CHAG wide body kit

OH! That's where that kit is from? I thought Zeek had them completely custom made for his car. I'll have to check then out.

Also, I was looking for a more stock-ish look. I don't want it to look like a bolt on and want it to blend with the body nicely.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
OH! That's where that kit is from? I thought Zeek had them completely custom made for his car. I'll have to check then out.

Also, I was looking for a more stock-ish look. I don't want it to look like a bolt on and want it to blend with the body nicely.

Zeek has the CHAG AutoSports wide body kit. It's based on the 04 S60R so the rear looks very bland. It's also not a perfect kit, doesn't look stock and lines are not clean at all. Fender arches and body lines are a bit imperfect. An OCD like me would hate that kit.

Bolt-on means stock-ish, minimal modifications and basically plug and play. Stock is stock.

as for wide body fenders designed well and blends to the body, well, sadly nothing of that exists.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant even find the kit on Chag's site. Im guessing the kit Zeek has is the actual race car they used and he purchased it from them? His car is very similar to their racecar.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I wish I had the balls to do the fender flares.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
That body kit is a thing of beauty would love to get my hands on that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That body kit is a thing of beauty would love to get my hands on that

The one on the wagon or the racecar?

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
I cant even find the kit on Chag's site. Im guessing the kit Zeek has is the actual race car they used and he purchased it from them? His car is very similar to their racecar.
You'll have to email them. CHAG took it off their website a long time ago since their current Race car isn't a P2R anymore. Zeek ordered them, actually, he recently had to replace several pieces of his body kit after being involved in an accident.. Zeek's R isn't an actual racecar, he did the conversion himself.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?105637-Some-people-still-track-Volvos-seriously

I actually looked into this wide body kit very seriously, and at one point almost made the decision to go with it. I backed out simply because of the imperfections I see from photos that are 10+ ft away, which I knew would be a huge issue to get them right if I had to work with these pieces.

What bothered me the most were the wider fender arches not being perfectly rounded (like the stock fenders and front bumper), you can actually see the arch issue on the front most prominently.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I can see what you're talking about. I'm starting to not like how the extended fenders are pulled out. Would've been nice if they came down from the top of the fenders to better blend it with the cars design.

Volvo should've widened our cars in the first place
ヽ(`Д´)ノ

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Volvo should've widened our cars in the first place
ヽ(`Д´)ノ
Nah, wasn't cost effective for Volvo. Even they cut costs on the R exhaust (originally was Dual exit on both sides of the rear), and the body kit reflected that from the original FOHA Designed Sport Kit.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
oh, and I recently ran into this...

This looks way better in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
oh, and I recently ran into this...

This looks way better in my opinion.

The fender flares are definitely better on this. Front bumper leaves something to be desired though.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
The fender flares are definitely better on this. Front bumper leaves something to be desired though.

Of course, disregarding the front bumper, I mean if it integrated well to something like this:

And better integrated with the Sport side skirts.

I mean from an execution standpoint, these fenders look better, though the increase in width at the bottom is a little strange. I like the extra crease they introduced however.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts