SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone here is interested in a European spec wide-angle mirror. My XC70 has since long gone but I have that item which I took out before trading it in. It's been in the classifieds among other things but so far no bites on this mirror.

This thing is one of my "must-haves" for European cars as it does get rid of blind spots. Kind of a surprise to me that no one wants it lol. Here is a pic:

So I thought of posting it here, hoping for more exposures. It is in the classifieds section as well though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance. Do you just put it over the existing mirror? I didn't see it in the classified and how much for it?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe it works for 08+ and current model year XC70's and -14 XC90's since they are all the same mirror housing, BLIS and non-BLIS.
Here is the link from the classifieds section.

I have a sale pending at the moment. If it falls through then the next one who PM me will get dibs lol.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
It's a replacement mirror for the one already fitted. I genuinely thought all XC70s these days (or even all models) had wide angle mirrors on both sides. So that's interesting...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a replacement mirror for the one already fitted. I genuinely thought all XC70s these days (or even all models) had wide angle mirrors on both sides. So that's interesting...
I see that you're in Sweden. You are correct that ROW (Rest-Of-the-World) Volvo's typically has wide-angle lenses on both drivers and passengers (LHD and RHD alike), with the driver's side having an aspheric on the outer edge. However, North American market Volvo's have flat lens driver side mirror, and wide-angle non-aspheric passenger side mirror.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I can't remember which sides had what but I know cars had that configuration in the past, Volvos that is. Well, at least my 1980 244 had a flat mirror on one side. And I remember I was a bit surprised to see my 2007 S80 had wide angle ones on both sides so I don't think it's been changed all too recently actually.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just curious if anyone here is interested in a European spec wide-angle mirror. My XC70 has since long gone but I have that item which I took out before trading it in. It's been in the classifieds among other things but so far no bites on this mirror.

This thing is one of my "must-haves" for European cars as it does get rid of blind spots. Kind of a surprise to me that no one wants it lol. Here is a pic:

Had I seen this, I would have bought it from my son's XC ! Thanks to you posting the pic, I now have a part number though !

·
Registered
136 Posts
Gave a call to my dealer here in Canada. They said its not available in North America. Have to get it from overseas.

Had I seen this, I would have bought it from my son's XC ! Thanks to you posting the pic, I now have a part number though !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts