SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
I like it, it reminds me of the old 60's Volvos.

That said, I'm a debadge kind of guy. I like 'em clean.

·
Registered
2002 C70 Coupe
663 Posts
Re: (LloydDobler)

I'm actually going to work on that this weekend. It's debadged now, but I'm going to spread them out. I'll post pics when I'm done.

·
Registered
2002 C70 Coupe
663 Posts
Re: (Token)

Not finished yet. I just found a good adhesive a couple of days ago. Will hopefully get it done this weekend. Sorry.

·
Registered
2002 C70 Coupe
663 Posts

Hmm never thought of the dealer. I took mine off with dental floss and a hairdryer. It was fairly simple. I used the hairdryer to warm up the adhesive, and slid the floss behind the letter, and it came right off. Then I used an adhesive remover from the auto parts store that took care of the adhesive that was left. It looks perfect!

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
Re: (Logan2224)

Quote, originally posted by Logan2224 »
Not finished yet. I just found a good adhesive a couple of days ago. Will hopefully get it done this weekend. Sorry.

What do you mean you found a good adhesive? You should be using 3M foam automotive trim tape and nothing else. It's available at many auto parts stores and especially auto body supply stores.

Thin fishing line also works well for cutting through the foam tape. Just slip it behind the letters and saw it back and forth.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (adamjjohn203)

Quote, originally posted by adamjjohn203 »
You are having the dealership do this? Who checks your oil for you??

Dealer does all the servicing. I want dealer stamps in my service book. Also when shopping around I have noticed that the independent guys are not massively cheaper. I don't trust them to do a full manufacturer's service, they may forget to look at something that the manufacturer advises.

I debadged the car today. Hairdryer and a plastic spoon! Wiped off the glue using a Turps Substitute. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

The dealer is charging me around $18 for labour and $25 for the badge. Its not bad.

·
Registered
440 Posts

Sounds like a fair price for the badge work. Was at the local Volvo dealer earlier picking up a new power steering reservoir and noticed the wider Volvo emblems on most of the cars on the lot. If done well it would look nice on our cars.

·
Registered
7,646 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Token »

The dealer is charging me around $18 for labour and $25 for the badge. Its not bad.

Definitely post pics when done. I'm very interested in what it looks like.

·
Registered
2002 C70 Coupe
663 Posts
Re: (LloydDobler)

Quote, originally posted by LloydDobler »

What do you mean you found a good adhesive? You should be using 3M foam automotive trim tape and nothing else. It's available at many auto parts stores and especially auto body supply stores.

Thin fishing line also works well for cutting through the foam tape. Just slip it behind the letters and saw it back and forth.

Well, the stuff I found is 3M brand, but it is a clear adhesive goo. I'm planning on using a toothpick to apply a little bit to the back of the letters.

I couldn't find any foam tape at the auto parts store...

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
Yeah, look in the yellow pages for auto body and paint supply, the kinds of places that mix paint for body shops. They'll have it for sure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.