SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my IAQS filter today, and this is what I found:

The effin high school dropout who does not know how to read instructions had stuffed the filter in the wrong compartment, and sideways.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Time to find a new dealer.

Not all of them are that way... but it doesnt help their reputations when you find stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Re: (Turb04S60)

Mika, which dealership did you go to?? Kearny Mesa off of the 67?? They had one down in Chula Vista by where I live but it closed down. The one at Kearny Mesa is the only one I know of around San Diego though.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Re: why's dealer service always like this? (Mika)

You should take this into the service manager and complain. Of course they will probably tell you that YOU did this when you removed it. Don't put up with shoddy service (especially at a Volvo dealer). In this day and time they should be begging for your business.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Re: why's dealer service always like this? (comp1)

Quote, originally posted by comp1 »
You should take this into the service manager and complain. Of course they will probably tell you that YOU did this when you removed it. Don't put up with shoddy service (especially at a Volvo dealer). In this day and time they should be begging for your business.

+1

I'd be in the showroom waving that around if that's what it took......... Figger they probably charged you $30 bucks to shove that in there wrong....

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: why's dealer service always like this? (Rezin S60T5)

Well, hard to prove anything since this was done some 2, 3 services ago.
I go to Kearny Mesa, but only for warranty work anymore for our Volvos.

For stuff that needs special tools or some such, I go to AJ's on Mira Mesa. They are not a Volvo shop but still do a much better job since they have a real mechanic working there.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Re: why's dealer service always like this? (Mika)

When we transitioned from Honda's to Volvo's I expected a much higher level of service in general. I was very satisfied on our first purchase and how we were treated. I was impressed on the follow-up from both dealer and Volvo NA just after purchase and finally I was impressed by the loaner car program, but I have not been equally impressed by overall service. We have a really good relationship with our dealer as it relates to service but have had problems that have taken 3 visits to fix and some of the intial fixes and especially the explainations have been just ridiculous. I'm no gear head but I recognize BS when I see it. I just go back snd speak to the Service Manager (to let him know it's BS) and make them try again and they eventually will find the problem and will fix it. I guess no service is perfect as I have friends who complain about BMW and Merc.

·
Registered
117 Posts
mika!

maybe you should try carlsbad volvo. I've never been there but I always see it off the freeway. It probably won't be any better, but you never know! haha

ps: can't wait for my boost gauge pod!!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (timwu12)

tim, I'll get on the gauge pod this week. My other project was finished last weekend.
Did you get the gauge yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts