*34 boxes of Laminate hardwood flooring
*5 rolls of vapor barrier
*2 kids
*2 adults
* 4pcs of 7.5 feet of moulding

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
They're nice. The sedans can be quite accommodating as well, just wish the trunk opening was a bit wider. I've had full size tower speakers in the back of my SR, huge subwoofers, and all sorts of big shipping boxes for Fedex (20x20x20).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Excellent! I go on a yearly bird hunt trip with my buddies, and my whip becomes "Hotel VOLVO". Plenty of room, and with a nice mattress it is way better than sleeping in a camper with a bunch of snoring drunks... Even better is when my GF and I go on a road trip. Plenty of room for sleeping and shenanigans...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Who would have thought the easiest way to move a relatively small Snap On box is in the back of a V70? It barely fits when tipped on it's back, but only requires one person, whereas my previous modes of moving it (Silverado HD, Sport Trac, conversion van) all required at least 3 people to load. Still learning...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts

My car is always at least this loaded up in August to move in and May to move out.

A roll of new carpet for my parent's basement after the basement flooded a couple years ago.

Building an addition to my parent's shed to keep car parts in

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
I don't have any impressive pictures/stories of my current wagon. The most it sees are my 17' Grunman or bike.

My old 745, though.....hahaha the things I used to load into that beast.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I'll play along...

four wheels and four tires

some maintenance goodies and floor mats

Nothing

A bunch of tools
2-1000W halogen work lights
5' step ladder
compound miter saw with stand
2 tool boxes
circular saw
drill
air nail gun
pancake air compressor

Lumber
2"x6"x10' - 2 pcs
2"x4"x8' - 20 pcs

Ikea run

Some 8' tables for a garage sale

4 tires on the way home from Seattle

A subwoofer

A rear differential/AOC

My girls' bikes and a tool box.

·
Registered
717 Posts
A sixty-gallon water heater. A wall unit from ikea.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
On the regular base:
Two stacked surfboards 10-footer longboard and 8 feet giant fish

Once:
Giant cardboard box with kitchen hood/vent . This box didn't fit into Audi Q7

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Food for 300

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
For all you wagon owners, I have an almost new Weather Tech rubber cargo liner, one of those Volvo cargo covers and a full set of XC berber carpet floor mats up for sale. All items are in a charcoal grey color, PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For all you wagon owners, I have an almost new Weather Tech rubber cargo liner, one of those Volvo cargo covers and a full set of XC berber carpet floor mats up for sale. All items are in a charcoal grey color, PM me if interested.
Awesome lauch point for wagon ad, lol

here is my 99 XC70 loaded up.
early days before camo, and spare tire...trip going down to Jersey shore..

Last trip we took in this car. Pictures taken 1 week before I found its replacement..My 03 XC90

·
Registered
3,788 Posts

Three kayaks. We also still fit 4 adults in the car, but very uncomfortably LOL. Well, I was driving, so I was quite comfy.....

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Must NOT let wifey see this... she's already talking about replacing the Subaru with another Volvo Wagon... LOL! (Subie is paid for, and has a lot of life left in it.. it's just UNCOMFORTABLE and GUTLESS)

·
Registered
441 Posts
My dad was dropping off a pretty big suitcase to my sister one day and I tagged along with him. He drives a 99 Ford mustang and he coudn't get the suitcase in the trunk. I laughed at him and told him I could carry 20 big suitcases in my car not including the roof rack. I used to hate having to throw things in the backseat because they don't fit in my trunk.

Wagon, hatchback, or SUV! In that order.

I would never in my life own a sedan!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts