SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/11/27/volvo-polestar-racing-feature/

Great new article with a lot of interesting details. Goes over the racing efforts and the development of our cars. Some things that stood out to me:

-"Dahlgren, who is working on next year's V60 and S60 Polestars that will switch from the 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder to the 2.0-liter Drive-E four-cylinder, said things are even better now." Apparently there are new S/V60 P*'s coming next year with the Drive-E engines. I thought this would wait for next gen.

-"A note for the record is what we were told Polestar won't be doing: trim lines or sticker packages. When we asked Bååth if we were going to see Polestar stripes on sale at Volvo dealers, he replied, "We won't say there will never be exterior detailing, but the focus will be on drivetrain. The way you put it, no, it won't happen." No watering down of the P* brand with P* Design trims

-"The team grew by one with the 508-horsepower S60 Polestar concept car – a Volvo chassis engineer joined. It grew slightly larger with the production S60 and V60 Polestar cars but not by much, according to Dahlgren. "It was me, my race engineer, Pat who runs the WTCC program here as a race engineer, Per Blomberg the head of chassis development, and a couple of other people came along from Volvo."

That's six people to develop a production performance car for a global manufacturer, five of them there to carry out Dahlgren's wishes. He said early on they decided to go with Öhlins dampers because Polestar already had 15-year relationship with them. Bååth said the Öhlins on the Polestars are more refined than those on the Lamborghini Aventador – the only other production road car to use Öhlins – and Polestar builds the shocks and uprights itself.
"

·
Registered
950 Posts
I thought I told you guys what my dealer said: next year Polestars wirth the above mentioned engine with about 370-380 HP.

It seems like they focus on the V60 / S60 Polestar 2.0L engine rather than on a V40 Polestar. Too bad in my opinion...

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I told you guys what my dealer said: next year Polestars wirth the above mentioned engine with about 370-380 HP.

It seems like they focus on the V60 / S60 Polestar 2.0L engine rather than on a V40 Polestar. Too bad in my opinion...
They are not going to spend any resources on the V40 until it is a global car. When you have one of Volvo's largest single markets unable to purchase it, it's a no go. The US got more than 1/3 of the last P* allotment. I was surprised they even did the V40 Carbon Edition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts