SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/651873344/overview/

This is the identical version of my car, and I bought it from the same place too!! I have seen this car there for almost a month now and I am surprised it hasn't been sold yet. Looks real clean, great service history, and very nice price too. Rotors look a little worn out, but that shouldn't be a big deal. For anyone looking for a clean R here it is. I am going to see it in person tomorrow so I will be back with more updates.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good question - that does look like a clean R. Perhaps you should pick it up and have two!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Because someone can buy an R with the same miles for less that is already modded/ well cared for like my 04 SR that's for sale ;)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Worst color outside and inside, higher mileage, will need 2k maintenance. Not everyone wants our cars as much as we want them.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
130k on an 06 is high mileage? Interesting..

·
Registered
829 Posts
130k on an 06 is high mileage? Interesting..
130k is average for a 10 year old car, but if you consider that a lot of cars die at 200k miles (Consumer reports even says average life expectancy of a new car is 8 years/150k miles), 130k is high mileage. We are all just accustomed to driving 9-13 year old cars so 130k seems to be the norm around here.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
130k is average for a 10 year old car, but if you consider that a lot of cars die at 200k miles (Consumer reports even says average life expectancy of a new car is 8 years/150k miles), 130k is high mileage. We are all just accustomed to driving 9-13 year old cars so 130k seems to be the norm around here.
Understood. But we know our motors of going far over 200k easily with good maintenance so why even stress about mileage with these cars? We are all for the most part ocd about repairs and maintenance on here so mileage to me is never an issue unless it truly shows in the wear and tear of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
829 Posts
Understood. But we know our motors of going far over 200k easily with good maintenance so why even stress about mileage with these cars? We are all for the most part ocd about repairs and maintenance on here so mileage to me is never an issue unless it truly shows in the wear and tear of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Though I agree, and my car has significantly improved from the 97k I got it at to the 129k its at now, a perfect example of why mileage is just a number. The thing is that since there is no info on the maintenance history, mileage is all we can go off of.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Worst color outside and inside, higher mileage, will need 2k maintenance. Not everyone wants our cars as much as we want them.
Worst interior color? You have seen gobi, right? :p

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Most engines today will get over 200,000 miles with good care. My Volvo tech regularly sees Volvo's with in excess of 250,000 in for routine maintenance and long live gobi!!

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
It also needs a suspension overhaul and a clutch... It also has a damage history... It's a basic S60R from a dealer for 8k with who knows what kind of maintenance history.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It also needs a suspension overhaul and a clutch... It also has a damage history... It's a basic S60R from a dealer for 8k with who knows what kind of maintenance history.
How do you know it needs all those things if you also don't know the maintenance history?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol the pessimism on here is comical to me. I was just trying to help out. I bought mine almost a year ago from the same place. Needed nothing at all exception axle bolt and coil. Of course I went ahead and did a bunch of other things while I was in there like plugs, filters etc. but for the most part it was a solid find for a good price. In 8 months and 15k miles, I have only had to replace the radiator and cv boot. Seems like everyone here wants to pay $5k-6k for a clean R that has laundry list of service records.

·
Registered
165 Posts
given how these are getting rare and parted out these days it isn't a bad list price. damage history or not, beggars cannot be choosers. as a dealer, ive seen worse go for more at dealer only sales. the wholesale on these has finally started to come down. if they negotiate, its not a bad price. but yea, 4C, possible clutch and unknown angle gear condition. still worth a look for sure! someone here needs to snag it up before some parents buy it as a first 'cheap' and safe car for their kid who will undoubtedly ruin it and hold his/her hand our for another key....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts