SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when there are two bushings on the transmission mount? i looked and I cant find a replacement for the smaller bushing. does this mean I have to order a new OEM mount AND the poly bushing if I want 2 new bushings?

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
when there are two bushings on the transmission mount? i looked and I cant find a replacement for the smaller bushing. does this mean I have to order a new OEM mount AND the poly bushing if I want 2 new bushings?
the little bushing is NOT replaceable. You either replace just the big bushing, or buy the whole new mount

sucks because the little bushing is usually the first to go

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
The little bushing is replaceable: http://www.vivaperformance.com/polyurethane-bushings-s60-v70-awd/ Use the drop down menu and select "Lower transmission mount small bushing."

Only thing that needs to be fixed is shipping for that little mount is super pricey since it's marked as 8lbs or so. When I ordered mine I had to contact George, especially since the thing could be placed in a flat rate box for not more than $9.

VIVA also sells the larger bushing, but the IPD bushing is definitely better quality.

IPD did have an entirely new mount with their own large poly bushing already installed on a new OEM trans mount, and I think it might not be appearing since they are out of them at the moment (they did appear a couple of weeks ago, but were shown as out of stock). Give IPD a call and I'm sure they'll tell you for sure.

And if you want two new bushings, you can always just order a new OEM trans mount from Tasca for cheaper. You don't have to go poly--though it will improve some handling characteristics a bit and last longer but possibly induce vibration.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have the powerflex little bushing and the big bushing from IPD. The small bushing was really easy to replace. The large bushing had to be wrestled with by a mechanic for 15 minutes.
Really? Mine changed out easy. They might have changed something or yours was a defected one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
PowerFlex FTW! :)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I bought my small bushing from a local company here in Florida, only cost $6 to ship. I found them on the Powerflex "where to buy" page. I got my large bushing used from a SSer that never installed it.

ThomasK was the removal of the OEM bushings difficult?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I was talking to IPD about this.. The bushing they sell is only for the bigger part of the mount.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
interesting I just got an email from kevin at IPD telling me they are introducing a full poly mount "soon". i wrote him with a question about the one they offer now. ive asked if he can be more specific than "soon" awaiting response.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
For the time being you can get the small bushing from powerflex. I have the IPD black bushing and powerflex small bushing, but honestly there is no major difference. Also, it seems the larger bushing is the weak point anyway. I had the black bushing in with the OEM rubber for over a year and the little bushing looked fine. Just bought the powerfkex one because I git a good deal on it. In my opinion the smaller poly bushing is overkill and there are no real noticeable gains from it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
373 Posts
If you guys are talking about the torque mount someone pictured above, Chris @ IPD told me they are coming out w/ a new billet assembly where each piece is replaceable. Here's his pm to me:

Re: HD Transmission Torque Mount
06-12-2012 01:06 PM

They will be available in about 6 weeks. We just went into production on a new Billet piece. Customers will be able to either buy the small end, or the larger end with bushings. We are having new bushing made etc. The aftermarket has made it impossible for us to insert bushings into them now. We had to step up and make our own. We're shooting for 4-6 weeks

Thank you

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this is probably what kevin is tlaking about, i didnt divuldge i was an SS member initally so i think he was vauge with me. this is the mount i was questioning though. this sounds cool but will the price be reasonable? if they are machining billet im guessing no. i will however still buy the large bushing from them and just go with powerflex for the small one because it comes in just under $30.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kevin got back to me again, the quick responses are awesome. blairboy is correct they are making their own mount and you will be able to buy just the little end or the entire mount with poly bushings already installed. available in 30-45 days

·
Registered
195 Posts
None of them are difficult to replace, just take some time. I drill the rubber to pieces and push out the inner core. After that I destroy the outher core of the bushing with a saw or dremmel or whatever you have available. Clean it and insert the new one, peace of cake! :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Chris told me the complete mount will be priced higher than the original HD Torque mount. However, he also said you could buy the pieces separately. I assume so that you can re-build an OE mount.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts