SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw it at IPD's Garage Sale. But I didn't see the owner. I want to know what fog lights he used.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I know IPD uses that for their exhaust demo video but not sure if its actually theirs or a members.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Good catch. I like those fogs too, I wonder how we can find out more about them?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good catch. I like those fogs too, I wonder how we can find out more about them?
I know I asked who's caR it was. Nice car. Don't get me wrong. But what I really wanted to know is whose fog lamps those were. I want some!!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I really like that front end. Makes me wish I had a red caR.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Those are the new PIAA 530 LED fog lights. They took quite a bit of cutting to install them. I had to trim the bumper behind the fog light grille, make new mounting brackets where they attach to the bumper, modify the mounting bracket that came with the light and then open up the grilles an inch or so as well.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Those are the new PIAA 530 LED fog lights. They took quite a bit of cutting to install them. I had to trim the bumper behind the fog light grille, make new mounting brackets where they attach to the bumper, modify the mounting bracket that came with the light and then open up the grilles an inch or so as well.
I really like them. They add a nice look to the lower area. Where did you get them?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks, I ordered them direct from PIAA.
I'm noobie at this. Part#? And if you were doing this again would you get the same model?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
PIAA has been making lights for many many many moons.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They have both a fog lamp kit and a driving lamp kit. I'm pretty sure I'd want the driving lights as I expect they'll light up an area further out in front of the car. But I'm guessing.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Looks like it's 530 LED Fog Lamp Kit?

Amazon also carries them http://www.amazon.com/PIAA-5300-530...39439844&sr=8-4&keywords=530+LED+Fog+Lamp+Kit.

Looks pretty slick, wish they came in yellow.
Sweet mother of god I can think of at least 20 ways to spend $200 bucks better than that right now....such as the Eibachs that I am currently ordering ;)

In all honesty, The car looks great and I am going to pull the trigger and take out my wipers. Even without plugs they look great.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm noobie at this. Part#? And if you were doing this again would you get the same model?
I would do it all over again but it would be nice if they came a little smaller as it was a very tight fit even with all the trimming I did. I am using the fog lights, not the driving lights. I am very pleased with the light output. Just the fogs are significantly brighter than my stock headlights.

I will get some photos at night in the next day or two and toss them up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sweet mother of god I can think of at least 20 ways to spend $200 bucks better than that right now....such as the Eibachs that I am currently ordering ;)

In all honesty, The car looks great and I am going to pull the trigger and take out my wipers. Even without plugs they look great.
I dont really like the holes that removing the wipers left but I REALLY didnt like what it looked like with the wipers still in there.
Hopefully a new bumper skin without the wiper holes will be coming in the near future!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would do it all over again but it would be nice if they came a little smaller as it was a very tight fit even with all the trimming I did. I am using the fog lights, not the driving lights. I am very pleased with the light output. Just the fogs are significantly brighter than my stock headlights.

I will get some photos at night in the next day or two and toss them up.
Thanks. I'm really liking them. I think they're going to look great on my caR. I'm getting them.

So, ...??Robert <=> Bud??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts