SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I first got my car I found that the entire car would shake when under light braking conditions. I changed out the rotars due to emtreme glazing and warping but like a idiot decided not to swap the pads as well. Well the problem stopped for a good couple months but started up again. I took the pads off and replaced them with some ceramics and got the rotors resurfaced since they were slightly glazed again. Now I have new pads and resurfaced rotors and when I brake hard everything is fine but when I brake lightly the whole car shutters, any ideas on what could be causing this because it is super annoying and I really would love to get it to stop.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
How are you bedding them when you first put them on? You might be glazing them or building up deposits from the first time you stop.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Only if you do not come to a complete stop. There are several ways to bed brakes, but if you come to a complete stop after a very hard brake, you'll leave deposits on the rotors which will cause your problem. You want to slow down but not stop, and then keep going to let the brakes cool in motion.<p>Who is doing the work, and are they regreasing the slider pins in the calipers every time you take the brakes apart? That's one that is often overlooked. I had a seized slider pin that caused the same problem in my 960.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re: Whole Car Shakes While Braking?? (morrobaybum)

I also had same issues and it appears they were caused by worn slide pins on my C70 (168,000 miles). I replaced the pins (edit: and rotors and pads) and applied grease and so far in 2,000 miles the problem has not reappeared. If you feel any grooves in the pins, replace them.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by CDR114 at 6:14 PM 4-14-2009</i>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts