SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the new Polestar front splitters don't fit the 2012/2013 front R-Design bumper (tried) I was hoping to score some splitters from the Polestar "Concept". It was exclusive to Australia and Volvo dealers down there are being less-than-cooperative in terms of supplying parts/part numbers. While we're at it, the front grill Polestar badge/emblem wouldn't hurt either.

Anyone willing to help? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
G'day,

Happy to help a Canadian - 99.99% of you folks are awesome.

Can you please post a picture / pictures of the bits you're after?

Then I can chase it up with a couple of folks in the know.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Here's what I'm after. The new 2015.5 S60 splitters don't work but the Polestar Concept had these little beauty's. They'll pop right on.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The splitters i test fit were off a delivery before we installed them on that car. Totally won't work

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G'day,

Happy to help a Canadian - 99.99% of you folks are awesome.

Can you please post a picture / pictures of the bits you're after?

Then I can chase it up with a couple of folks in the know.
Any luck?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any luck?
We'll see. No luck on the local board, so I've emailed one of the dealers with the pic. Then I'll ring 'em on Friday (over here - your Thursday) if I haven't heard back from them.

Should hopefully have an answer by the weekend.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm guessing they were less than helpful...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm guessing they were less than helpful...
Well... yes, and no.

Last week I'd sent an email off to a dealer, and rang them a few minutes ago to find out where it was at.

It appears Volvo get very protective of Polestar parts and accessories. So, they won't sell anyone parts which are exclusive to Polestar cars unless the dealer is given a VIN for a Polestar car.

The dealer rep directed me to http://www.polestar.com which apparently has some sort of parts policy there.

This sort of policy isn't unheard of over here; it wasn't possible to buy the special bits from dealers that were fitted to the HDT Holden Commodores (or later HSV cars) to put on a regular car. The VIN number and the the HDT or HSV build number had to be supplied to get the bits.

I can sort of understand the logic - a long, long time ago when I was a lad, every Holden Torana was an XU-1 or an A9X, and every Ford Falcon was a GTHO.... or, at least, they pretended to be.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VINs are very easy to come by and Polestar parts can be simply ordered, there is no "secret policy". I ran into that when I rang up a couple of dealers there sadly.
We've been able to order badges, pedals, rear spoilers, turbos, intercoolers and wheels off the new Polestar.
If I had part numbers I'd be able to track them down through my channels here.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
any news??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts