1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Wow, all that things needs (at first glance) is a bumper, hood, and headlight :( Sadly my favorite line that they'll total an R for a broken headlight appears true.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At over $1k per unit, it's not far from true.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Indeed, 2015 has been a rather bad year for R engines and VR totalings from my casual observation. There's an 05 6MT FG VR on iaai with rear end damage. It's a shame.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes indeed.
It's sad to see caRs that I would LOVE to have just be wasted away into parts or scrap. I need to move south, buy a huge chunk of property, and start a Volvo parts picking yard. lol

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I got worried for a second that this was my old VR, but I remembered that I took my takspeed badges off before selling it. Phew!

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
It's sad to see caRs that I would LOVE to have just be wasted away into parts or scrap. I need to move south, buy a huge chunk of property, and start a Volvo parts picking yard. lol
Sooner rather than later I'm planning on acquiring a few more VRs... Probably 2018. Gotta catch 'em all lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yup... my r motor blew up 2 months ago and im still perplexed as to what caused it.. i think its time to move on to another brand..
Might I suggest " Stage 2 MTE Tune, IPD DP, TME catback, EST res delete" ?

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Might I suggest " Stage 2 MTE Tune, IPD DP, TME catback, EST res delete" ?
I would cut that list down to the one thing that would actually contribute (besides driving style)... Stage 2 MTE Tune ...Not that there's anything wrong with that particular tune or any other, but by nature you are pushing the engine harder/hotter/higher pressure on a block which is known to have thin cylinder walls prone to cracking. Sort of the nature of the beast there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts