SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How good is it? Does it hit low? Does anyone have pictures of it in your wagon and showing the plug it uses? I have access to one and am contemplating on installing it..

I've searched the forum for and have read a bunch of stuff but no good pictures..

Edit I found pictures sorry..

·
Registered
717 Posts
I got oe used off the forum and love it!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Love it!!! Sounds awesome and really makes a difference especially with premium audio. A sub in a volvo wagon is like the best thing ever! I have a few pics but not sure if they will help. I don't know if the back is pre-wired for cars without..?

·
Registered
172 Posts
in image #3, What is the grey connector wrapped in foam used for? Mine has it as well.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:Dyou guys are so awesome man! I freakin love this place:D

im def gonna check My R tomorrow to see if i have that plug, if so subwoofer here I come..

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
The wiring to that plus is basically:

-Power
-Switched
-Ground
-"+" signal from rear tweeters
-"-" signal from rear tweeters

The sub is nice to have, for sure, but it lacks an ability to truly adjust the crossover (because "Volvo knows best"), and does not hit frequencies below, I'd guess, 40hz or so. I do eventually plan on building a custom setup, but if you have access to one, it's a great plug-and-play solution. I am also a bit of an audio snob and need to have my in-door tweeters replaced (they suck).

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really it doesnt hit below 40hz? I have access to one but It will cost me 350 bucks, it's not the money it's making sure I get something I like..

I might just get something custom done then, but if I start measuring in the back their for a custom box I know I'm gonna end up installing a whole new system in the car.. Carputer?:D

Anyone in my area that will let my hear how this subwoofer sounds?

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
There is an event coming up in NJ next weekend ;)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where in Nj? I just checked the back of my VR and see the same thing in image 3. But the plug for the subwoofer is it near the battery? As all my plugs near the fuse box in the back are all plugged into something...

Am I looking for a male or female plug?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't waste your money. For $350 you can do much better. The oem sub isn't completely useless, but it is not worth adding for any price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts