SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm considering getting the mudflaps, but wondering who has or considered them.

How do you think the mudflaps look on the car? Does it flow well?

Did you install it yourself?

·
Registered
58 Posts
These aren't the best pics, but here the mud flaps on my Inscription. I got mine installed at the factory when I picked up my car in Gothenburg last fall.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to the both of you.... I just got a 20% coupon from the dealer and a 30% rebate from Volvo.

How much did you guys pay for the OEM flaps for all four corners?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks to the both of you.... I just got a 20% coupon from the dealer and a 30% rebate from Volvo.

I paid around $150 USD for my four mud flaps, but I didn't have to pay for any labor because I had mine installed at the factory delivery center in Sweden before they shipped my car to the US.

·
Registered
171 Posts
In the UK I paid only £23 for my mudflap set from ebay. They came from China within 7 days and the quality and look seemed as good as Volvo originals. Holes all lined up with existing screws, took an hour to fit the set, I found it best to turn the front wheels to allow for better access.
For me the mudflaps give my R Design XC40 a more rugged chunkier look as well as keeping the black side moldings cleaner in bad weather.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, Mudflaps look like they belong

I paid $101.70 for 4 mudflaps. I know the price because I just sent in the rebate coupon. They install very easy especially if you remove at least the rear wheels.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
So I'm considering getting the mudflaps, but wondering who has or considered them.

How do you think the mudflaps look on the car? Does it flow well?

Did you install it yourself?
Here are the mud flaps on our R-design; I like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
997 Posts
I've had with and without and the mudflaps do wonders for spray and look fine. Would always get them now.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all.. Now I need to get to the dealer to pick some up. I have a 20% coupon from the dealer and 30% rebate from Volvo.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked up the flaps at the dealer. I asked how much to install and was told $150.. wow. So I just did it myself. Took 20 mins and it gave me a reason to buy some Torx bits for $15.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Picked up the flaps at the dealer. I asked how much to install and was told $150.. wow. So I just did it myself. Took 20 mins and it gave me a reason to buy some Torx bits for $15.
I always throw in my final Negotiation to put mud flaps on the vehicle for free . They always say yes and I buy the vehicle.
Try that next time you buy a vehicle 👍🏼

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always throw in my final Negotiation to put mud flaps on the vehicle for free . They always say yes and I buy the vehicle.
Try that next time you buy a vehicle 👍🏼
I picked my battle on that during negotiations. After they offered me a quote, I had them add the P* tune, all weather mats and touch up paint for free. So I think I did pretty well. Also at the time, I wasn't sure if I even wanted the mudflaps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had them installed from my dealership and it looks spot on! I could have installed them myself but I'm much too busy at work to bother. My next upgrade will be P* and maybe real tail pipes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got mine installed on my 2018 XC60 R for free while on OSD at the factory. When I got the car home I took them off and had them painted Black (car is Bursting Blue). On my 2016 I had them painted white to match the car, they look amazing!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got mine installed on my 2018 XC60 R for free while on OSD at the factory. When I got the car home I took them off and had them painted Black (car is Bursting Blue). On my 2016 I had them painted white to match the car, they look amazing!
I also have 2018 XC60 R in Bursting Blue. I thought mudflaps only come in black ? You said you had your painted black ?
You might like the black rear bumper protection.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does the RDesign have a plastic waterproof liner in the rear wheel wells or does it have that cloth-like cardboard liner? I'm asking because I noticed that the wheel wells in the front of my XC40 have the plastic liners but the back does not and has that cloth like thing

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does the RDesign have a plastic waterproof liner in the rear wheel wells or does it have that cloth-like cardboard liner? I'm asking because I noticed that the wheel wells in the front of my XC40 have the plastic liners but the back does not and has that cloth like thing
the back has the clothlike liner

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Never posted a shot, but I did install the mudflaps myself.. Easy to do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts