SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who's got the lowest miles on the forum here..

Pictures with proof would be nice. Details are always a +

I'll start with mine

06 v70r manual fully loaded

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow their are no low mile v70r or s60r?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
R's scream "DRIVE ME". OK, some times they also say "put another angle gear sleeve in me" but afterwards they beg to be driven again.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love driving my R also.. But I'm curious to know if anyone on the forum board has one.. Am I the only one?

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
There was a SR for sale a few weeks ago that had less than 10k on it - I wonder if someone on here bought it.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
My 05 has 47k at the moment.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
My 06 SR is about to turn 58k, not very low mileage though.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Mine 05 S60 R 28K
My Dad's (Sonic 60 R) 06 S60 R 22K

·
Registered
352 Posts

Not low, but good timing

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
IMHO, you don't want a super-low mileage R. These cars like to be driven. My 04 VR with 83k is a very happy machine. :)...... of course, I'd take one if ya twisted my arm.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Ours is getting ready to roll over 75,000 in the next few days... when we bought it in April, it had 59,700 on it... yeah, 15,000 miles in 7 months... most of it pleasure driving.

I have to concur, these cars BEG to be driven. We put 250 on her today just driving around and going to get a Whataburger... (closest one is 100 miles from the house)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
IMHO, you don't want a super-low mileage R. These cars like to be driven. My 04 VR with 83k is a very happy machine. :)...... of course, I'd take one if ya twisted my arm.
I agree, super low miles cars scare me.

In order for a car to be stored right while its not being driven it needs special care. It needs to be started, warmed up, driven around your yard some, all the gear in the trans gone through, forwards and backwards ect. Stored with the tires up off the ground to prevent flat spots ect. Almost no one does this as most average car owners are just lazy.

·
Registered
236 Posts
my best mate bought one of the first S60R(first reg:November 2003) & the car has 46000km> 28750miles)
considering the age & miles: he wins

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree, super low miles cars scare me.

In order for a car to be stored right while its not being driven it needs special care. It needs to be started, warmed up, driven around your yard some, all the gear in the trans gone through, forwards and backwards ect. Stored with the tires up off the ground to prevent flat spots ect. Almost no one does this as most average car owners are just lazy.

Lol really, is that in the Volvo handbook? Dude just cause you have a low mile car doesn't mean it's been stored for 4 years and you dont take care of it, in fact its actually the opposite of what your saying... Some people will only take the car out once a month for a Lil cruise, like myself.. Owning a restaurant also doesn't give me that much free time as I work 7 days a week no days off boys.. Well I do get them when I want but I have no scheduled days off..

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Do GEN 1s count?
36,000 miles on my 2000!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts