SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new key that is cut and needs to be programmed. My question is can anyone in CONNECTICUT program the transponder in R key besides the dealer. They want $130

I work in MASS so if there is somewhere close to Springfield that works too

Thanks
Col

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I believe only Volvo can...???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 S60 T5M, 2014 S60 T5 AWD Platinum
108 Posts
Anyone with an active subscription in VIDA can do it. Subscriptions are so expensive that pretty much only dealerships and a handful of Volvo specialty shops have one.

EDIT: It seems they have come down in price since I last checked. As far as I can tell, anyone who is not a dealer can only purchase the subscription in 3 day increments @ $82.33.

·
Registered
77 Posts
you need to have DiCE to make new key programmed. + some magic from my side :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I have done many keys with VIDA dice. But not worth it for just doing one key. If you have a few software loads then it is worth it. Otherwise the dealer is your best deal.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I believe vida dice can not progarm new keys. Maybe you can use key pro m8. It is an professional key progarmmer, can program a lot of car models, like volvo:) know more at there
Nice sales pitch

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't loose my key it just was really broken

So anyone willing to come to CT to PROGRAM IT THEN?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will pay! Less than the dealer of course ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
colin2211, As I said you need to have DiCE. Or just find somebody who have it nearby and can help you.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
you need to have DiCE to make new key programmed. + some magic from my side :)
I said DiCE. I did not say VIDA !!!
colin2211, As I said you need to have DiCE. Or just find somebody who have it nearby and can help you.
If you aren't using VIDA to drive the DiCE unit, what software are you using? The DiCE unit will be useless to the OP without knowing what software to use with it. If you're using proprietary aftermarket software, then please share the details. It could save people some money.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I use my own software to do programming of Volvo modules.
I've also written special optimized for DiCE software for sharing the device over the internet.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I didn't loose my key it just was really broken

So anyone willing to come to CT to PROGRAM IT THEN?
If broken, just repair it. Cut the transponder out of broken key, put it in a new key, cut new key blank, done. Save you the programming costs. Glück

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I use my own software to do programming of Volvo modules.
I've also written special optimized for DiCE software for sharing the device over the internet.

Do you do keys and fobs? I'm surprised no one else besides Matt is asking about this.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I do. As for nobody is asking that is because everyone is sure that only the dealer can do that ☺

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I do. As for nobody is asking that is because everyone is sure that only the dealer can do that ☺
Well, do tell. I am willing to learn how with Dice unit standing by. Can you get other things to work like radios, seat modules, DRL delete, etc? No software for Volvotech needed? Very interested.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I give my small prog for sharing DiCE. The rest I do remotely with my software.
I can do reload of many modules.
I cannot say that everything is supported but a lot.

F.e.

2000-2004 MY
AUM, BCM, CCM, DEM, DIM, ECM, ETM, ICM, UEM, TCM, DDM/PDM, PSM, REM, SRS, SAS, CEM and car configuration.
As for CEM and car configuration there are restrictions for remote programming as is but doable with some special manipulations (without solder)
The software was developed as an instrument to help me to repair volvo cars. mostly for electronic repairs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts