SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2012 S60 T5 with about 45k miles that I bought about 6 months ago. For a while now there is a whistling type noise coming around the air vent/dash on the passenger side. This only happens when going speeds 50-70mph, city driving its fine. I took it in to the dealer and they taped something up and put some insulation. Don't exactly remember. But it kept doing making the some noise although not as intense, I brought it back and they have now had it for 10 days now, and now they asked to hold it until Monday, that's almost 2 weeks!

Has anyone else had this problem? It doesn't seem common :(.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Does not happen with me.
Could it be something stick in the air passage such as a dry leaf?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
This isn't an issue that can be solved here. A good technician needs to take time to look at this. But i will explain to you why the car has been there so long. It's under warranty I assume ? When a car comes in with this type of problem, It can be very difficult, And time consuming to get paid for the time someone has in it, Meaning its just a pain in the butt for dealership to spend a bunch of time fixing your car then fight with volvo to get what almost amounts to pennys on the dollar. So you get put on the back burner so to speak, Because well we have real money to make. Make sense ? If I were you I'd call or email volvo directly to complain, that usually gets someones attention. I'm thinking maybe a windshield sealing issue ? Noises are hard to find, And fix. Trust me I've dealt with plenty of em.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This isn't an issue that can be solved here. A good technician needs to take time to look at this. But i will explain to you why the car has been there so long. It's under warranty I assume ? When a car comes in with this type of problem, It can be very difficult, And time consuming to get paid for the time someone has in it, Meaning its just a pain in the butt for dealership to spend a bunch of time fixing your car then fight with volvo to get what almost amounts to pennys on the dollar. So you get put on the back burner so to speak, Because well we have real money to make. Make sense ? If I were you I'd call or email volvo directly to complain, that usually gets someones attention. I'm thinking maybe a windshield sealing issue ? Noises are hard to find, And fix. Trust me I've dealt with plenty of em.
I don't believe its under warranty anymore. I paid for them to fix this.

·
Registered
329 Posts
So I have a 2012 S60 T5 with about 45k miles that I bought about 6 months ago. For a while now there is a whistling type noise coming around the air vent/dash on the passenger side. This only happens when going speeds 50-70mph, city driving its fine. I took it in to the dealer and they taped something up and put some insulation. Don't exactly remember. But it kept doing making the some noise although not as intense, I brought it back and they have now had it for 10 days now, and now they asked to hold it until Monday, that's almost 2 weeks!

Has anyone else had this problem? It doesn't seem common :(.
I have a similar issue but the noise (although very hard to precisely locate) isn't coming from my vent. It seems to be coming from the upper front portion of the door frame, forward of the driving position. So roughly about the level of the side mirror. I haven't taken it in yet, but I will for my 20k mile service.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a similar issue but the noise (although very hard to precisely locate) isn't coming from my vent. It seems to be coming from the upper front portion of the door frame, forward of the driving position. So roughly about the level of the side mirror. I haven't taken it in yet, but I will for my 20k mile service.
Well, im not 100% its coming from the vent, but its around that area I think. Could very well be the frame near there too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts