SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 V70 R with low miles that is making a high-pitched whining noise that seems to come from the front, driver's side corner. You can actually hear it better with the hood shut, and it seems to be coming from low in the engine bay. It does not vary with engine speed, and it usually goes away after the car has been driven for a while. The car is also occasionally leaking in the same general area. It is not oil; the liquid is clear and sort of an olive color. It does not always leak in the same place, and sometimes it will not leak for almost a month. My mechanic has a good amount of Volvo experience and has been caring for my cars for many years, but so far we have not been able to recreate the noise or the leaks when at his shop. He also has not been able to find any fluid residue in the engine compartment. My daily-driver S60 R has never had a similar issue. I would appreciate any suggestions.

·
2,521 Posts
I think power steering is like greenish colored. May leaking that but would be coming from the pssenger side more. I kind of have that same noise periodically, dont know wht it is. Im leaking nothing tho

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you ever figure out what the noise was? I have a very similar noise coming from what seems like the driver's side air cooler outlet right below the pressure sensor. The noise is constant and does not vary. The sound comes on when the key is in the number 1 position and continues when the car is turned on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts