SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting a C70 convertible, definatly want the HPT model, but the only real difference I can see between the 03/04 models, and the 01/02 models is about 6hp, and the clear headlight lenses! and of course there is the obvious mileage, and price, but I am thinking maybe get an older model, with about 40-50k on it, and then I would have more money left over for mods! or get a newer one with factory warranty etc, and mod as I go! Ultimatly I guess it is price, and color, that would be a consideration tooo!! I just wanted to see what other opinions about these cars are out there! thanks for the help guys!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
i say hardtop HPT, no problems with that expencive electronice throttle body that breaks on everyone.

and u can find 98s cheaper than any other year.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Which year C70 should I get?? (Hockeychamp)

Another difference from 2001 to 2001 was the front grill (went from chrome to eggcrate which I like better). I would go for a 2001 or 2002 HPT model with low miles....the 2002 model should still be covered w/ a 4 year/50k mile Volvo warranty...or try to find one w/ extended warranty....The difference in price you'll pay for a 2004 model is too much and these cars unfortunately depreciate a lot. I have a 5-speed and think it's a lot more fun to drive than the automatic C70. Also, make sure you get one with the dolby pro-logic surround system (there should be a center channel speaker on the dash, the stereo says SC-901). Good luck!

Impalawala
98 C70 HPT Coupe, 5-speed, 18" BBS Tritons, SC-901, tint

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Re: (mladen)

Quote, originally posted by mladen »
i say hardtop HPT, no problems with that expencive electronice throttle body that breaks on everyone.

and u can find 98s cheaper than any other year.

It's replaced free in the US anyway, from '99 you have WHIPS and STC and I think also the bigger SIPS bags...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well definatly getting a convertible! Grill doesnt matter since I want the Black mesh IPD Grill! found some nice 2002's around, and at a great price! I am definatly doing some engine mods, and ECU mods! Thanks for the Input so far though! I am getting alot of info from owner/enthusist (sp) so this is great!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi,
The transmissions differ in later years. My 2000 has 4 speed auto, but gear selector has 123DRP, where earlier ones only had L3DRP. A five speed auto was added in late 2000 or 2001. I beleve the seats changed between 1998 and my 2000, slightly different feel (98 feel like the old 850s bit firmer back rest and slightly less bounce in seat bottom).

Best to all,
Carl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts