SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read in a few posts about the wires coming loose that enable the driver's seat heat -- please bear with a newbie -- exactly which wires are they? From the front or back of the seat? Where do they go into?<p>I tried to check that every wire was tight in its spot and still no dice -- the more details the better!<p>Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: Which wires for driver's seat heat re-connect??? (jackson850)

Those two wires (red, red&white) are suppose to be connected to the thermostat in the seat bottom. From the bottom of the seat, in the middle, stick your finger/fingers up in the hole in the foam rubber and pull down the white plastic piece that is holding the thermostat, connect your wires and then put the thermostat back up in the seat. <br>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Which wires for driver's seat heat re-connect??? (doublej95)

Thanks for the instructions. I pulled the white plastic piece out and re-attached the wires, then stuck it back up in the foam hole.... Still no dice. The light does light up on the console switch, but no heat. I guess its broken.<p>Is the white plastic piece supposed to make contact with anything or just reside under the seat?<p>Thanks...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: Which wires for driver's seat heat re-connect??? (doublej95)

Anyone notice that if the thermostat is exposed, the heat last much longer than inserting it back into the hole?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts