SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Minos vs Merac

• I like my wheels like I like my steak, rare (Minos)

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I like my wheels like I like my pop stars, good looking and over-exposed (Merac)

Votes: 7 63.6%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,
I'm seriously considering up-sizing from 18" to 19" wheels, which leaves me with a question as to which set of wheels to keep and which to sell.

They are both in good shape and have the exact same tires on them.

Here are the wheels in question:
-From the 2009 T6 - 18" Minos
---Pro - quite rare, only available as a T6 option on 2009 XC70
minos.jpg
-From the 2011 T6 - 18" Merac
---Pro - I think they look better, but they are a dime a dozen
merac.jpg
So, cast your vote for which you would keep and which you would sell.
Cheers!

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Big minus for the Minos...throw them away a hard as you can. Dump ‘m in the river and never look back.
What will be your 19”?

-powered by 5 mad vikings-

·
Banned
418 Posts
-
Depends on the color of the car and whether you are going to lower it. The Mino's is more AWD looking vs Merac which is sportier. The Merac is kind of odd looking however but again it will depend on the color of your car.
-

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
MoVolvos - They will be going on the Black 2009 with no adjustments to the stock suspension.

Jasper - Didn't you write this a few months ago: "Yup, MINOS, not bad. Kinda like them. Almost like a small brotha from anotha ERAKIR-motha. Not bad at all." ;)

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
MoVolvos - They will be going on the Black 2009.

Jasper - Didn't you write this a few months ago: "Yup, MINOS, not bad. Kinda like them. Almost like a small brotha from anotha ERAKIR-motha. Not bad at all." ;)
Maybe, but in this case definitely keep the MERACS...
I take back the story about the river...

-powered by 5 mad vikings-

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I like the dark set

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
They are the same color, so I've adjusted the images so they don't look like different shades of aluminum.
BTW, how do we have 100+ views and only 3 votes...I know there is no shortage of opinions in these parts.

·
Banned
418 Posts
MoVolvos - They will be going on the Black 2009 with no adjustments to the stock suspension.

My son is driving our black 2003 S80 T6 with Interceptors and he thinks it looks elegant. Looks like this (I can't attach pictures). The Merac looks like they belong on a toy vehicle like the Subaru Crosstex or some other small toy like cars.

https://imganuncios.mitula.net/2003_volvo_s80_t6_phoenix_az_98155089391549851.jpg

-
-

[img ]
https://imganuncios.mitula.net/2003_volvo_s80_t6_phoenix_az_98155089391549851.jpg[ /img]

·
Super Moderator
8,573 Posts
I attached your picture. Click edit and you'll see what I did.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was looking at window stickers last night and the Minos were a $750 option on the 2009 T6, where as the Meracs were the T6 standard eq. in 2011. It would be nice to keep the 2009 intact and keep the Minos...

·
Registered
645 Posts
I prefer the Minos. To me, the Meracs are too busy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
200 views and only 5 votes, I'm apparently not going to get a big enough sample size for the results to be statistically valid. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like the Meracs better personally. My favorite wheels on these cars is the Zephyrus. I have a black 2012 XC70 T6 and they look awesome on it.

·
Super Moderator
8,573 Posts
Thank you, I see what you did there. Is there a possibility of downloading from my computer?
-
It is possible, but there are some account stipulations like # of posts of length of forum membership (I don't recall the specific values). If you want to check if your account can do it, click "Go Advanced" next to your reply window. Once that opens, look for a little emblem that shows a piece of paper and a paperclip (it says "Attachments" if you mouse over). If you can see that button, then click on it and you should be able to upload directly to the forum. If you can't see it, then presumably your account doesn't have that access yet.

·
Banned
418 Posts
It is possible, but there are some account stipulations like # of posts of length of forum membership (I don't recall the specific values). If you want to check if your account can do it, click "Go Advanced" next to your reply window. Once that opens, look for a little emblem that shows a piece of paper and a paperclip (it says "Attachments" if you mouse over). If you can see that button, then click on it and you should be able to upload directly to the forum. If you can't see it, then presumably your account doesn't have that access yet.
Thanks for the reply, I have to wait till the probation stipulations are met.