SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying VIDA software to interact with my Volvos (1998V70R and 2005 V70 2.5T). In reviewing various posts, I see that there are different versions out there, each with its own problems. I have two laptops, one an older HP running XP home and a new Dell running W7 64 bit. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Any version of VIDA after 2008 works on your V70, none work on the V70R because it is not an ME7 system. Most people now have VIDA 2010D or 2011D, but really, unless you have a 2011 or later car, 2010 is just fine, and is a little tiny bit less of a space hog. You MUST have XP Pro SP3, or Win 7 pro or ultimate to run the latest 2011 or 2012 versions. XP Home will NOT, repeat will NOT work, it must be pro version only at SP3 level. I've tried other versions, they install, but die at the last minute, and only by going to the right version do I get a successful install.

·
Registered
701 Posts
So, will the 2010 versions run on XP home?
Nope. XP Pro is what is called for. There has been a documented hack that says it can get around this requirement, but I cannot speak to it's accuracy. I'm running 2012A on my VIDA-specific Dell with XP Pro and it works great, but I set it up to the required spec exactly since I had the thing just sitting around doing nothing otherwise.

Cheers,

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts