SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions.
I'm thinking about replacing my front spring seats and my C.A. bushings.
Of these two spring seats which is better, IPD's or the XC90's?
Also, how hard is it to replace the bushing on the C.A., or is it worth it to spend the extra money and just buy all new control arms with the bushing in them already?
I have a '05 s60R with 84000 miles. I think the front struts are OK for now. Maybe a little soft in comfort mode. Could be form the warn parts I want to replace?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Springs seat, meh they are about the same.

Just buy the complete lower control arm, way easier than trying to press out the bushings.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
I recently purchased the Meyle HD control arms, pretty much exactly the same with aluminum arms like the OEM arms. No need to press the bushings unless you want to go with Polyurethane bushings.

As for spring seats, like pirate said, pretty much all of them are the same. XC90, iPD HD, barely any difference honestly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments.
I was thinking the seats would be the same, but wanted to make sure. I need them pretty soon so the info needed, thanks!
As for the control arm bushings. They come out easy and and go in easy? If that is the case I wouldn't mind just getting the bushings.
Polyurethane bushings seem to cost way to much, of the couple sets I seen.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
As for the control arm bushings. They come out easy and and go in easy? If that is the case I wouldn't mind just getting the bushings.
Polyurethane bushings seem to cost way to much, of the couple sets I seen.
Ummm no, they do not come out easy, not unless you have the proper press and even then they can get screwed up. Just get the complete control arm either OEM or the ones Devolvr suggested.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Anyone try to cut them out?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I recently purchased the Meyle HD control arms, pretty much exactly the same with aluminum arms like the OEM arms. No need to press the bushings unless you want to go with Polyurethane bushings.

As for spring seats, like pirate said, pretty much all of them are the same. XC90, iPD HD, barely any difference honestly.
Sweet, I'm so happy you brought them up as that is what i'm looking at this spring is possibly control arms and spring seats do you like the MeyleHD? they're like 90 bucks a pops too which is nice.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Press them in with a vice? I haven't played with these, only poly bushings I ever messed with was when I replaced the suspension system on my old jeep.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts