SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I did a search for this first, but didn't get the info I wanted. Anyways, 2000 V70R, need to replace the plugs. Which plugs have you had good experiences with? Hoping for something that performs better than the stock plugs. What are stock plus, by the way? Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Pretty sure the Volvo plugs are re-badged Bosch. You can use Genuine Volvo plugs at something like 10 bucks each, or get the Bosch Super Copper plugs at about 2 bucks each. They work just fine. Make sure the gap is correct (0.028) and that they are NOT ones with multiple prongs like Bosch Platinum 2+ and 4+. Platinums should be fine if they have the one prong.

But unless they are really crapped up, you aren't going to really beat the performance of stock/OEM spark plugs. Don't fall for the ads you see in some magazines or autoshops advertising crap like "they aren't spark plugs, they're pulse plugs!" or these super things that give you unlimited MPG. It's garbage; just get good quality Volvo or Bosch plugs and you'll be fine!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: (ecbsykes)

They aren't $10 at the dealer if you get them from Darrell Waltrip Volvo.

I have the Volvo plugs (yittrium tipped) for my S70 T5 which is recommended over coppers as should they for his R. Cost was $35 for 5 of them.

Lot's of posts on how the heat range of the volvo plugs is tuned in specifically for T or R's to burn the most efficiently and cleanly.

·
Registered
16,979 Posts
Volvo Plugs only
/thread

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Well said Chilled Man - well said.

P.S. Bosch Coppers work fine too as long as you replace them pretty quickly, maybe half the interval of the Volvo plugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts