SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start emailing dealers for XC60 quotes and was curious if there are dealers in the mid-Atlantic who are known for aggressive pricing. I'd like to make sure I include them in my outreach. Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Koons Volvo of Owings Mills routinely advertises the outgoing model year for approximately 80% of MSRP; you may be a bit early to get that level of discount but it's worth a query.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Im in the DC area. When I bought my 2019 XC 60 T8 Volvo Cars of Bethesda gave me the best price by far. When I was initially looking at a T6 Darcars out of Rockville gave me a good quote.. I think the best price floats around Just have to email many.....I found not many wanted to give me a quote over email as they knew I was just going to shop around....So i actually visited a them in person, and not many really wanted to deal....or look for the car I wanted....if it wasnt on their lot....they wouldnt bother to search for me.....Where as Volvo of bethesda would.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Volvo of Charlotte beat all the quotes I received from VA on an ordered car.
Seamless and easy to deal from start to finish. I'd make the trip again tomorrow to buy from them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Keep in mind the time of the month It’s the 24th so Quotes would only be relevant for the next week as Volvo promos change monthly.

Also make sure you are clear how you plan to pay or you may get hit with a “double-dip” surprise later such as the “0% Financing is not stackable with ... etc”

Flexibility in colors, packages, etc will determine a lot. I’ve generally had my best luck finding the actual specific car I want (using multiple sites), researching its age on lot, waiting for the end of the month, and showing up without them expecting me but willing to walk out. Then negotiate with a Sales Manager or similar directly. As others have said, mixed luck doing the mass-email method as the dealers know other Dealerships may see their quotes

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
If you are in PA, I have always thought Volvo of Fort Washington gives decent discounts. Good luck!
The largest volume store is Stillman @ West Chester, PA. I would try that, first.

Overall, price is important, make sure you get a decent price but aftersales support is even more important. Make sure you get a decent price but give your business to the store that is convenient to you and which will be there for you after the sale. No sense of trying to "save" a few hundred $$$ and buy from someone who will not be there for you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had a great experience at Bethesda. Too bad the sales manager has moved on! He got me a bursting blue R design xc90 from NJ when none were around and at a great price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
470 Posts
Lindsay Volvo in Alexandria, VA has taken good care of me with excellent pricing and low pressure. Service department is good too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bethesda gave me a great deal on a V90; however, I service my car at DARCARS Rockville. Rockville service center is closer to me, more comfortable, and I always get a loaner. I wasn’t impressed with Bethesda’s service center. This was back in November 2018, so things may have changed.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Bethesda gave me a great deal on a V90; however, I service my car at DARCARS Rockville. Rockville service center is closer to me, more comfortable, and I always get a loaner. I wasn’t impressed with Bethesda’s service center. This was back in November 2018, so things may have changed.

I service mine @ Bethesda and have always gotten a loaner....The gal I deal with is a hockey fan, so thats a bonus,lol Location is a bit weird, tucked down a small street....

@jen531 Was the sales manager Stefan? he is now with Land Rover.....he was the only 1 that sat down and tried to find me the T8 I wanted.....Sales man I dealt with was clueless, but Stefan was good.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Darcars in Rockville MD. They were way easier to deal with than anyone. They seem to be a high volume dealer so less about milking every dollar. Also as a result have a broad selection. The GM Alex Arman is stellar. Hands-on, pleasant and a Volvo lover. They even had their general sales manager (another Alex) pick up my car from Fairfax VA to save me a 50 mile round trip to drop the car off for an adjustment. They also don't charge the $600 doc fee that the VA dealers try to pull off. I hate buying cars but dealing with them was a relative pleasure.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Darcars in Rockville MD. They were way easier to deal with than anyone. They seem to be a high volume dealer so less about milking every dollar. Also as a result have a broad selection. The GM Alex Arman is stellar. Hands-on, pleasant and a Volvo lover. They even had their general sales manager (another Alex) pick up my car from Fairfax VA to save me a 50 mile round trip to drop the car off for an adjustment. They also don't charge the $600 doc fee that the VA dealers try to pull off. I hate buying cars but dealing with them was a relative pleasure.
Yes darcars was good....I to dealt with Mr Arman....very upfront guy, prob 1 of the "more" honest car guys. I actually had a deal on a T6....then at the last minute I changed my mind....then a few days later went back and they said nope....incentives have changed....ended up being a blessing. But he was an honest fellow

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keep in mind the time of the month It’s the 24th so Quotes would only be relevant for the next week as Volvo promos change monthly.
Good point. I doubt I'll have time to lock down anything before the 31st of this month, so fingers crossed the September incentives are as good or better. Seems to be plenty of inventory.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Through the years, I bought three Volvos from Darcars Volvo in Rockville. Had them serviced there, too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Darcars Volvo in Rockville has by far the best selection. I think their pricing is pretty good too. I haven't purchased yet. I can't comment on their service.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just a follow on - Made a deal on an xc90 at Darcars rockville, drove up the next morning to buy it and it was "sold" but they tried to sell me on a different one. They might have the best prices but did some shady stuff. I was super disappointed by my experience there, though YMMV. Ended up driving over to Volvo Annapolis to buy

·
Registered
313 Posts
Darcars is top notch. Talk to GM Alex Arman. Also another Alex, GM of sales who dropped my car at my house to save me at trip from Rockville to NoVA. Best car buying experience I've had. Seems like a volume dealer. Lots of selection. Not the fanciest showroom if that's what you're into but a good simple deal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Koons Volvo of Owings Mills routinely advertises the outgoing model year for approximately 80% of MSRP; you may be a bit early to get that level of discount but it's worth a query.
I got my 16 V60 from them at a good price and dealing with them remotely over the phone and by email went well, I never even saw the car in person before it showed up at my house. Rich Shinnick <[email protected]> seems to have the web sales thing down. (no connection to them other than buying a car)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts