SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going tomorrow to check out two V70Rs. both manuals

They are both one owner cars, both titanium grey/black, maintained by dealer for sale.

Which would be the better buy?

2004 69,000 miles - $15,000

2006 - 83,000 miles - $17,000

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
2,996 Posts

Then do a stage 0 tune

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
06, hands down, assuming there aren't any leaks- struts, angle gear, etc etc. First year cars are usually the ones with the most problems. If it were a difference of 40-50k miles, then I may reconsider....maybe...

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Yeah the 06 would likely be better. Has an updated interior, exterior and a few other goodies that were upgraded. Also, make sure the timing belt has been done on it.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
It would really have to depend on the condition/maintenance history.

You can't just say "choose this one because it's newer or has the updates of the facelift", my choice was between an 04 and an 07 (8,000 miles on the odometer apart), same color, same interior, both MT. I chose the 04 because it had a much better service history, no leaking angle gear, seats that feel slightly more comfortable, and was cheaper by $2,000.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate your replies. Overall, most of you say the '06, while $2,000 more and with 14,000 more miles, appears unseen to be the favored candidate then?

And so, the current condition of the cars being equal, the '06 would be the preferred pre-owned vehicle.

Thank you all for your expertise

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
The -04 has mutch better upholstered seats, better chassis on the front seats than the 05 -
I think the difference in how the seats are upholstered is negligible honestly, especially in the grand scheme of things between the cars! Plus the older seats are well, older, and depending on how often the owner(s) conditioned the leather, it could be just as worn with less mileage.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
I personally would never buy one of these cars used. But that's just me.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Which one has better interior. DONT BUY GOBI!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
It all depends on service history what you want to pay and what major components have been replaced recently. Look to see if angle gear, slave cylinder, struts, timing belt etc have been replaced recently.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Gobi has been proven to cause suicidal tendencies as well as depression, anxiety, and psychosis.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
It all depends on service history what you want to pay and what major components have been replaced recently. Look to see if angle gear, slave cylinder, struts, timing belt etc have been replaced recently.
I'd go with the better service history unless you are a gambling man and want the slightly upgraded awd system (pre-charge) and other cosmetic changes including plastic charge air pipe on the '06

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
It's like losing all personality on purpose.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts