SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ABS module needs repair or rebuild (on a 04 XC70)
(or the power relays are possibly bad with ECM error CEM-1A5F Communication with ABS control Unit No Signal & Abs-E003 config error))

What is best guidance advice on repair services please for the ABS module?

Xemodex have something looks good though like $500

Programa ($365 and has an absorbable bench test service)

Best recommendations, advice other service supplier is gladly recieved

Thanks

J

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
Unless I'm missing something, those prices sound way high.
I've used Module Master in Idaho. Mine for a P80 VR was $135. That was several years ago. They included new mounting screws. 2-day turnaround. I've used them for two different cars.
Module Master
There's also a guy in Florida who people here seem to like. The name escapes me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless I'm missing something, those prices sound way high.
I've used Module Master in Idaho. Mine for a P80 VR was $135. That was several years ago. They included new mounting screws. 2-day turnaround. I've used them for two different cars.
Module Master
There's also a guy in Florida who people here seem to like. The name escapes me.
Good tip! Thanks Bearclaw, that's a great suggestion prices are much better :) $250 -
my specific module # is not included in their list but I hope it is generic and can still be rebuilt.

Re Florida maybe its AES modules
aesmodules.com

Thank you! much appreciated, gonna save me some dollars and prob keep my Volvo on the road.

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
Barry to the rescue! I’m going to do same for my s60!

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
Ian, I just noticed, you joined SS like 2-1/2 years before I did? Talk about an OG! 😄
I was on a Volvo bulletin board in the late '90's that might have been the predecessor to SS, not sure. I remember that it had a frequent poster on it named 'John Sergeant', something like that.
He was knowledgeable, but crankier than JRL !! 🤪

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
And for further possible options I saw coming in even more economically are services listed on ebay:
"ABS Module Repair Rebuild"

AND updated: for anyone looking later
The Ebay ones are likely not applicable to years after 2002 (so carefully examine the ad)
AES says they dont do Volvo.
It says on the site they do - but guy on phone says they dont.

John

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
I am an OG, it seems. :unsure: You should see the hair color, but at least I have it! Wait - crankier???
Ian, I just noticed, you joined SS like 2-1/2 years before I did? Talk about an OG! 😄
I was on a Volvo bulletin board in the late '90's that might have been the predecessor to SS, not sure. I remember that it had a frequent poster on it named 'John Sergeant', something like that.
He was knowledgeable, but crankier than JRL !! 🤪

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have a couple of 2004 XC70 ABS modules for sale, note they are for cars without the more advanced stabilization features.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
To add to above, given the error code you first cite check the power relay for the module its on the left side of the CEM. Xeomodex actually have a really good diagnostic flow sheet to work through prior to going the 500 route and this is included on it and tuned out to be the root problem on mine (thanks Gengras Volvo for NOT figuring out this was the issue after 2 hours labor)..

The modules I have for sale also fit 03/04 S60 and V70 provided the options match (traction control and stability control, only have the former)

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
New indy said that's something they tried on our 05 (cleaned contacts).
To add to above, given the error code you first cite check the power relay for the module its on the left side of the CEM. Xeomodex actually have a really good diagnostic flow sheet to work through prior to going the 500 route and this is included on it and tuned out to be the root problem on mine (thanks Gengras Volvo for NOT figuring out this was the issue after 2 hours labor)..

The modules I have for sale also fit 03/04 S60 and V70 provided the options match (traction control and stability control, only have the former)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
On 2001-2004 there is a relay that controls power to the ABS module, on left of CEM. They do go bad - the ABS light will go off when first started but then comes back in a minute, cause the relay won't stay contacted. 2005+ a lot less relays in favor of solid state devices etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts