SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some sound and want to install an intake...I am bored of BMC filter.<p>Which one shall I buy?<p>For both sound and performance?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Re: Which intake shall I buy,I need some sound! (xenophobic)

I love Eurosport's for those two reasons. The turbine makes much more noise!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just take the stock cover off of the stock airbox, will be the same as the EST intake. You just have to somehow secure the filter so it won't pop up, hose clamp perhaps.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (nikhsub1)

I did the above. The stock air box with an aftermarket filter and the top off of the air box. Then I did the EST open air intake. The difference is quite large. On a scale of sound and the "coolness" of sound, the EST intake is a 10. The other stock option is a 5. Just listen to the recent sound clip from zigger. It is only a few pages down. Or maybe someone could put a link in this thread?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Re: (Mash)

I think you may have high temperatures in Istambul for several months a year but I'm not sure. If that is the case, consider the additional heat from the engine if you do the Eurosporttuning or the "no top of the airbox" mods. I would consider the Evolve one with the hood grille for the sound, but it is quite expensive. If your boost levels (ECU), intake temperature and gas quality are not adecuate, you could have problems with nocking, engine cutting back power and fuel dumping (too much fuel consumption).<p>I'm doing some research on whether the short power failures (the fraction of a second ones during acceleration) are actually because of the engine cutting back due to nocking problems or a built in protection for this. I used to have this problem in a very seldom way in previous years. When I had the ECU mod I had no problems in the winter months and now that's it really hot around here, it's getting bad. I have to admit the gas is really bad here and could be the problem.<p>Xeno, did you have the power failures during cold months? Do you have an ECu mod, is your gas good?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (Jayam)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Jayam</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think you may have high temperatures in Istambul for several months a year but I'm not sure. If that is the case, consider the additional heat from the engine if you do the Eurosporttuning or the "no top of the airbox" mods. I would consider the Evolve one with the hood grille for the sound, but it is quite expensive. If your boost levels (ECU), intake temperature and gas quality are not adecuate, you could have problems with nocking, engine cutting back power and fuel dumping (too much fuel consumption).<p>I'm doing some research on whether the short power failures (the fraction of a second ones during acceleration) are actually because of the engine cutting back due to nocking problems or a built in protection for this. I used to have this problem in a very seldom way in previous years. When I had the ECU mod I had no problems in the winter months and now that's it really hot around here, it's getting bad. I have to admit the gas is really bad here and could be the problem.<p>Xeno, did you have the power failures during cold months? Do you have an ECu mod, is your gas good?</TD></TR></TABLE><p><br>The weather in here is normal,not so hot in summer not so cold in winter also.<p>I have some performance failure in hot weather.Not in cold actually.I think it is because of turbo system.<p>

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=58033" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=58033</A><p>this problem is still continue,I will try 95 octane gas.Is this what you mean?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Re: (xenophobic)

Yes, that's what I mean. Give it a try with good fuel once the computer has gotten used to it. If the power interruption is because of possible engine knock, it should be gone. It's extrange how this problem only presents itself during hot months, at least in my case, and having installed the ECU. The dealer can't trace it either and it only presents itself randomly.<p>Please give it a try and let us know how it works.<p>Someone know if the computer would even cut back on the ignition system if fuel dumping and/or ignition retardation is not enough to control knock?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts