SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a hub puller. Which one will work for MY10c70T5 and MY05V70R?

I am thinking the first one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The cv axle pushes out of hub if you tap it with a brass drift. The xc70 has a bolt in hub unit and the c70 has a unit wheel bearing that requires different tools than shown to ger wheel flange out of bearing and bearing out of steering knuckle. What repair are you going to do?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You're trying to replace a wheel bearing right? On my R, I was able to remove one of my fronts without a puller. In the rear, I had to rent one similar to the one's in your pics. It did not fit over the flange for the wheel hub but I tried anyways, attached the slidehammer to it and went at it for a half hour. Didn't budge. Ended up using an angle grinder to cut a third of the flange off of the hub/bearing which allowed me to get the puller to sit flat on the hub/bearing. Then I tried again with the slidehammer and it came right out. i can't say for sure, but the style you have pictured above looks like the O'reily ones I rented. Haven't had to do another wheel bearing in a while so I don't have a better solution.

View attachment 54387
https://www.amazon.com/OTC-7394-Universal-Hub-Puller/dp/B0002SRH60#customerReviews

I think a puller of this style would work.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Hunter, you can borrow a puller from me. I bought one for the purpose of pressing out glued axle out of hub.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the input. Thanks Alex for the offer. The FCP video is great on this. I am replacing the whole hub on both sides. The one in question is original. It looks like I’ll need a bigger hammer. LOL.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hunter, you can borrow a puller from me. I bought one for the purpose of pressing out glued axle out of hub.
Which puller do you have? Pic or link?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
951 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the input. I ordered 2 different type tools yesterday. The one I ordered was out of stock.
This video is great and explains how to remove the hub easily.

https://youtu.be/0gCF6fQPrJ8

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Thanks for all the input. I ordered 2 different type tools yesterday. The one I ordered was out of stock.
This video is great and explains how to remove the hub easily.

https://youtu.be/0gCF6fQPrJ8

Yeah it's a good video, they just skip the part where you have to fight to get the hub off lol. Let us know if either of the tools work well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Finally found what I was looking for after the other one was out of stock. Nice price. I’ll let you know how it works out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts