SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now I've got this C70, and I can't leave stock alone. <br>Besides this '00 front end is so boring.<br>I'm going to be swapping on a V70R front bumper soon.<br>I'm also going to change out the headlights.<br>I just can't make up my mind between ABM projectors or '03-'04 jewels.<br>I definitely want HIDs, so I'm leaning towards the ABMs.<br>You guys got some pros and cons, and opinions for me?<p>Also the car is silver, so I'm thinking the black ABMs and/or painting the 03/04 jewels.<br>

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re: Which Headlights? (mune237)

Jewels look great, (black painted bezels FTW)<br>I'm putting my $$ into performance right now so I am sticking with E-codes, They look different enough and drive the HID's nicely. And I can buy them separately.<p>With either the ABM's or Jewels, get the Xpel lens protector. It is very difficult to find the clear lenses separately so a cracked lens requires a complete assembly replacement.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: Which Headlights? (mune237)

I am happy with the look of my painted bezels you can check it out on the C70 gallery mine is the nautic blue ragtop I got a little carried away with the photos lol

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what's the results when adding HIDs to the 03/04 OEs?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: (mune237)

Theay work great I put them in mine and in my fog light nice and white

G

·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mune237</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what's the results when adding HIDs to the 03/04 OEs?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>$500-650 for a set of heads and corners<br>$75 for a set of HIDZ<p>So about 2x's the cost of ABM's. thats mainly end result. depends on the look you want. i like my OE's > ABM

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm more interested in how the HIDs perform in the OE jewels. I drive alot in dark rainy WA state. So I'm thinking ABM projectors. From what I've heard HIDs in the jewels, is like all HIDs in halogen reflectors=too much glare.<br>For those who have ABMs w/ HIDs....what's the cutoff pattern like?

·
Registered
107 Posts

I used to have them (04 jewels + 6K HID). <p>You will definitely notice the difference, but since they weren't projectors, the light wasn't spread very well, and there would be blotches of light here and there. But not a very good overall spread.<p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts