SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched here and online and haven't found a definitive answer as to when the 2015.5 model year for the XC60 began. A review on the Edmund's site indicates that the 2015.5 designation applies to vehicles produced after June 2014. However, I've seen a vehicle on a Volvo dealers lot designated as a 2015.5 which has a 05/2014 manufacture date on the manufacture's tag on inside of the door frame and a 05/21/2014 date according to the CarFax. Can anyone shed light on this?

I've also read that the major update to the 2015.5 model vs. the 2015 model is the upgrade to On Call and Sensus Connect as standard equipment in to 2015.5's. Were there other significant changes other than a realignment of Trim levels and stand alone options?

I've compared the brochures for 2015 and 2015.5 and can figure some of this out. I've searched for a 2015.5 XC60 announcement from Volvo which details the changes but have come up empty handed. Can anyone point me to it if it exists? Thanks.

PS This information would be as it applies to XC60's sold in the US.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I've searched here and online and haven't found a definitive answer as to when the 2015.5 model year for the XC60 began. A review on the Edmund's site indicates that the 2015.5 designation applies to vehicles produced after June 2014. However, I've seen a vehicle on a Volvo dealers lot designated as a 2015.5 which has a 05/2014 manufacture date on the manufacture's tag on inside of the door frame and a 05/21/2014 date according to the CarFax. Can anyone shed light on this?

I've also read that the major update to the 2015.5 model vs. the 2015 model is the upgrade to On Call and Sensus Connect as standard equipment in to 2015.5's. Were there other significant changes other than a realignment of Trim levels and stand alone options?

I've compared the brochures for 2015 and 2015.5 and can figure some of this out. I've searched for a 2015.5 XC60 announcement from Volvo which details the changes but have come up empty handed. Can anyone point me to it if it exists? Thanks.

I believe dealers began getting 2015.5MY in May 2014, but mostly started in June 2014. Pretty easy to tell from pictures which is a 2015.5MY; just look for the Internet (globe) button on the Center Console (upper right under the MyCar button) for the new Sensus Connect system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks PureDrive07. That is exactly the information I was seeking. I appreciate the simple way of distinguishing between the two model years by looking for the globe emblem on the upper right center console. Thanks again.

CJ

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thanks PureDrive07. That is exactly the information I was seeking. I appreciate the simple way of distinguishing between the two model years by looking for the globe emblem on the upper right center console. Thanks again.

CJ
Another very easy way is the temp control knobs. In 2015.5+ they are a notched aluminum, in 2015 they were smooth. Also another easy difference is the rear view mirror. 2015.5 its the frame less one.

·
Registered
463 Posts

2015.5 models have the frame less rear view mirror!!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts