SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2.5 year old son has been begging me since I bought the S60 to take him for a ride in it. Thus far I've avoided putting a car seat on my leather, but I am starting to feel bad about not being able to take my son with me when I'm driving the S60.

I'm hoping the SS community has experience with this. I've got two Britax seats in my XC90 (Advocate and Marathon) and both have deformed the seats and leather.

Which seats fit best in the S60? Which are least likely to deform the shape of the seat or the leather itself?

I'm thinking about a Frontier 85 SICT.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice about the towel....which seat fits best though?

·
Registered
403 Posts

Britax Roundabout child seat installed behind drivers seat. It sure looks like there is a lot of room in this picture. Keep in mind I'm 5'4 so the driver's seat is a little more forward than a typical guy's height would probably be.

I have an almost 3 year old so just know that a 2.5 year old will be able to reach the door handle and the lock button so make sure to engage the child locks!

Routing the rear LATCH connector is a little tricky but not impossible. As seen in the photo below, you can string the belt underneath the headrest (red circle) so you can attach it to the anchor (red arrow). Let me save you some time figuring this out. First lower the head rest using the button on the center stack. This will make the gap between the seat and headrest bigger. Once you are all done LATCHing, push the headrest back into position. You will have to push harder then normal to get it locked. Then, ever don't press the headrest release ;)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Britax Roundabout child seat installed behind drivers seat. It sure looks like there is a lot of room in this picture. Keep in mind I'm 5'4 so the driver's seat is a little more forward than a typical guy's height would probably be.

I have an almost 3 year old so just know that a 2.5 year old will be able to reach the door handle and the lock button so make sure to engage the child locks!

Routing the rear LATCH connector is a little tricky but not impossible. As seen in the photo below, you can string the belt underneath the headrest (red circle) so you can attach it to the anchor (red arrow). Let me save you some time figuring this out. First lower the head rest using the button on the center stack. This will make the gap between the seat and headrest bigger. Once you are all done LATCHing, push the headrest back into position. You will have to push harder then normal to get it locked. Then, ever don't press the headrest release ;)

Thanks...

I thought the upper anchor belt and connector was called versa-tether as opposed to LATCH? Isn't LATCH the alternative to using the seatbelt? Whatever they're called - do you use the connectors that you have to deform the seats to access or do you use the seat belts?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what the top connector is called. I guess Latch technically is the lower anchor only and the top is the top? Who knows. Yes I'm using the LATCH on the bottom and not the seat belts. Makes for a quick, easy and safe install. We're having another baby in June so i'll be able to tell you how two fit back there! Yikes.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure exactly what the top connector is called. I guess Latch technically is the lower anchor only and the top is the top? Who knows. Yes I'm using the LATCH on the bottom and not the seat belts. Makes for a quick, easy and safe install. We're having another baby in June so i'll be able to tell you how two fit back there! Yikes.
I'll have to take measurements but the Britax Marathin I've got fwd facing in the XC90 contacts the headrest and forces the childseat forward on the seat. The base is still on the seat itself to no safety issue but there is a large gap behind the child seat. Yours doesn't interfere with the headrest and looks pretty good in the car. Looks like you have an older model which is more attractive than the Roundabouts on sale now.

·
Registered
403 Posts
It's fairly compact. We've even brought it onto an airplane and it fit in coach on a regional jet.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I installed the Britax Marathon 70 I bought for my son.

I routed the versa-tether belt the way pshifrin recommended but was unable to tighten it because the buckle used to tighten the belt would have to be under the head rest and wouldn't fit. I ended up routing the belt around the head rest which I'll have to fix tomorrow.

pshifrin - how did you tighten the versa tether belt?

·
Registered
403 Posts
That's a good question but I don't remember. I actually have to remove the car seat today, family are taking our son for the day, and I'll have to reinstall it tonight and see.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a good question but I don't remember. I actually have to remove the car seat today, family are taking our son for the day, and I'll have to reinstall it tonight and see.
Any update?

I tried to get the versa tether under the headrest..the latch made it (threaded it thru a plastic bag not to damage the leather) but the buckle is completely stuck and now the seat doesn't sit right. Really eager to understand how you got yours to work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts